Thin and Crispy - Since You Went V1

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Thin and crispy, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

WIP From a tune i started yday night. Let me know what you think! All opinions welcome good or bad.
    As usual, all feedback is appreciated!
    The track hasn't been mixed down or anything yet.
    Cheers
    Mike :)

The main 2 things im interested in hearing about atm is the piano keys and the vocal sample

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

second half (2:30 onwards, minus symbol) sounds mental (gun)

3. Thin and crispy

Cheers m8, i thought the switch would sound cool, hopefully it all still works as one track tho cos a switch can be iffy lol

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

likin this mate
    but seems like thers a little too much high end i am on laptop speakers tho so i may be wrong
    second half is sick drums are sick but i gotta agree with castel the cymbal is a bit much would like to here the finished version
    ill av another listen on proper speakers wen my hangover gos away!lol

5. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

I dont think ur keys are very inspiring musically, dont really feel it either. But once again ur drums are sick. The pads is very nice aswell

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. Thin and crispy

i struggled with it last night and they are actualy recycled from another track i didn't end up doing anything with, pretty much, think im gonna take um out... the track won't miss them.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Updated

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  7. Thin and crispy

UPdated, pretty much finished, just needs a mixdown which i don't have time for today!

8. Tensor

Tensor Active Member

nice track mate! wicked drum work, the song structure is very fresh and the bassline after the switch up is wicked. love the pads as well

Criticisms: i think the tap-tap-tap hat during the intro could do with being brought out more, the rhythm element of the intro is sort of drowned out by the cymbals. I agree with fishy as well about the piano line...i dont think it matches the bassline very well after the switch up either.

other than that, a solid track mate give that a proper mixdown and youll have a serious tune!

9. Thin and crispy

I put them back in there after the second drop to kinda keep the track as one, didnt want it to sound like 2 difference tracks, u know a bit of continuity? the pad doesn't work at all with the reece and the arp is drowned out by it a bit with the heavier drum work.
    Fishy would have been talking about some chords i put in there which i swiftly took out haha. cheers tho, will sort the hats in the mixdown :)