Thin and Crispy Mix

Thin and crispy

VIP Junglist

Would like some feedback asap pls cos i'm thinking of using it as a promo mix. I get more nervous recording than i do actualy playing out 'live' so some good honest feedback would be much appreciated.

Tracklist:-
1. S.P.Y & Total Science - Ploc Monster
2. C.A.B.L.E - New Infection
3. Spinback & Gwange - The Execution (Serum Remix)
4. Babylon Timewarp - Durban Poison (Bladerunner Remix)
>>> Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
5. DJ Hazard - Busta Move
6. D-Kay & Lee - Tuning (D-Kay Remix)
7. Break - Salvage (Ft. Nico)
8. Hive - Blackout
9.Audio - Stratosphere
10.S.P.Y - Frostbyte
11.Break & Die - Slow Down
>>>Break - Now It's Going

UPDATED!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed it mate, guna be as honest as I can.

Seems to me like it would be more of a warm up mix than a main set if that makes sense, no disrespect intended at all, but depends what kind of crowd your playing out to I suppose. Definitely picked up towards the end though which was wicked and the tune selection was lovely.

Suited your style perfectly though I think, nice rolling mixes and clean blends. The first mix was big but the tune that was coming in needed to be slightly louder IMO, other than that worked very well. Didnt know hardly any of the tracks in this if im honest, but the third tune was hench.
Didnt hear barely any slip ups at all either, sounded pretty sweet to me, only noticeable one was Death March >> Lunar Bass. When your playing out people will hardly be judging you on impeccable mixing, if you slip up once or twice chances are not many people will notice.

The only criticism is Death March came in abit out the blue, I know that tune is a bitch to mix, but when it cut over to death march it sounded a bit flat I thought. Same with Tuning VIP >> Salvage.
Over all though a solid mix, just think it needs that extra push for finding cue points quicker and EQing just to make it stand out from the crowd slightly.
Hope I dont sound like a massive cunt, just wanted to be as honest as possible.
Cheers!

Nah mate thats perfect cheers, i did have reservations about the mixes you pointed out and not putting it up at all cos im ultra critical but the more i fuss the harder i find it to record if u get my drift so i feel sometimes i just have to get it out for other people and see there opinions.
I do actualy play out but i never had to do a promo mix for my slot cos its people i know and i don't rly have any problems getting into it lol.
Will have another pop at it tomorow cos im refuse to edit mixes (no disrespect to any1 who does) and just tighten it up.
Thanks tho mate thats exactly the feedback im looking for, cheers for taking the time.

no worries mang, I know what you mean about trying to perfect it. I've sat up till like 3am trying to get a mix perfect before but its impossible. You'll drive yourself crazy in the end.
Let me know when you put a new one up :)

A mix Crispy? I'm intrigued...dont mind if I pop my T&C cherry do you?

If it's any good I'll be wiping my semen covered helmet all over this thread! On the dizzle...

I enjoyed that a lot mate!

im gonna echo what neura said a little bit, it feels more like a studio mix rather than a promo mix for a club set. definitely picked up at the end but i personally think starting big is really important to grab peoples attention for a club set. people might disagree but pretty much without fail when ive played out the sets have gone better when ive started with a double drop or something :)

that said i love the rolling style and uve got a very nice tune selection, couple of tunes i hadnt heard before and the mixing is very slick! i dunno what the previous version was like but i couldnt hear any major fuck ups.

minor criticisms aside that is a sweet mix and if yorue going for the rolling styles its a great promo. safe!

Cheers man, this is mainly the kind of selection i go for tbh, what i usualy prefer to play. I originaly thought of double dropping the first too but it didnt rly fit with the rest of the set!
Thanks again.

thin and crispy, I listened to your mix and was gonna refrain from commenting but I thought it was wicked up till that tease of Lunar bass then when the hazard tune came in I lost my flow, and kinda fast forwarded to bits and then stopped at the spy tune, and carried on, not to be critical, but maybe do another one for a promo, just my onions.

mixing was tight btw

Cheers for the feedback man, don't worry about refraining lol im a big lad i can take some criticism... I could do another but i need it for tonight! haha. This is the kind of feedback i wan't tho, just peoples opinions on how they liked it etc.

Back
Top Bottom