Thin and Crispy - Jazz What?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Thin and crispy, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

OK so a revised version of the tune i started, jazz what...
    Think i may have some high-end percussion a little too high, anyways, feedback please... good or bad its all handy :)

2. Nacon

Nacon Vidual

yeah you are right yourself, the 1 clicky .. what ever that is.. is a little too high in volume... otherwhise, it was a strange mixture, of styles i must say, was interesting though.

And nice panning and wide elements in the mix, was cool.

3. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Not bad mate. Id refin the bass to sit a little better in the mix. and yeah the clicky hi hat thing sounds a little too loud in the mix.

nice ideas :D

4. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

dude, i thought there was two tracks playing at once, i was baffled. dont understand those drums really but its an interesting track

5. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

well i was listening to some jazz stuff, and its the samples i use, the drummer seemed to keep the same beat but change up the high-end percussion quite drasticaly at certain points, cos it isnt a 7 minute long track or whetever it might sound a bit too smushed the way i've done it, which is obviously something i can work on. its pretty much a kick snare kick snare beat with some steps in to keep it interesting and then i bring in some fttf higher end percussion, i was kinda worried it would take away the DnB feel if u get my drift... i dunno. Also the clap makes it different i think. Ive tryed taking it out cos im not sure i like it in there but the track feels emptier without it, so i might try replacing it.
    Other than that i thought going down the liquidy root with the samples n ideas would be too easy, so i went for a bit of wobble lol
    anyways cheers for the feedback so far :)