Thin and Crispy - Give You My

wicked, loving that old school jungle kinda break. again good ideas in this but with the bass didnt think it was a great sound personally. much prefer this tune to the other one tho those drums are wicked! nice one pretty experimental this

Cheers man, the bass on this i fucked around with before putting it out, it had a fuller sound to it before a bit more across the spectrum, but i wanted to try going for just the low end first. i kinda suprised myself with the drums as i made them at 1 am with virtualy no volume, lol. the bass is just a few bypass' away from going back to how it was tho, ill give that another go and take it from there.
Anyway, again thanks

cheers m8, think im gonna go back to the vinyl i used for the samples and take a couple more, lol.
I didnt wanna overdo the bass after the drop tho so i just limited it 2 a couple of 16's, gonna go back on it tho in a cpl of days, get it sounding a bit sharper and maybe mix it up a bit

Had a few listens, I like the way it just sounds like a bunch of samples chucked together but it still works as a song. Does sound a bit experimental in a good way.

That pitchy high sound, like howling wind or whatever, that might have been a little overused for me.

Cool tune

Intro is loooooong. I expected it to be half the length. The vocal isn't my cup. The Snare work is fun as hell... jumpin all over the place (neat lil reverbed fill too, ha)!!

That Bass is depressing... so sobby sounding. The patch is dark which I can appreciate... very 'bow wowy' sounding. Weird piece... puts me in a dark place.

Honestly, this is not my cup. The PERC work overall is solid. Mix sounds fine on my comp speaks.

I'm sure you had fun sampling from your wax... I've got plans to do that with loads of tunes from my collection as well.

:keepmakingnoise:

No worries m8 i get its a little down and depressing, seemed to be my take on the vocal once all the house business had been stripped tho (i guess we do take inspiration from life, probably don't even notice), + 1 or 2 'happy accidents' as we are now calling them but thats where i ended up ><

Cheers for the feedback tho, ALWAYS appreciated! and ye, get them vinyl sampled i have maybe 15/20 records, just the ones at hand, that i've gotta sample sat next to me, its fun doing ur own interpritations

Back
Top Bottom