They Just Don't Understand

RAZE

Whilst I respect the scene as it is (to a degree), the young ones just don't understand what it was like to hear the hardcore of 1990-1992 as it was back then.
a true musical movement that arguebly eclipses that of the disco movement in the 70's (that in itself is a sterling thing given the the dj's/artists/clubs).
A monumental pleasure for those involved to whatever degree, we have witnessed the last music movement because whatever genre you're into; house, drum & bass, techno, it will NEVER happen again.
If you're ripping from this forum for memories, respect to you, if you're ripping for research...learn, if you're dissing in this forum...you're a cunt who will NEVER know what good music is.
Hardcore will never die. Without it forums like this, and the music contained, would never have happened.
The pathetic fractions of what we have now.."jump up is shit, current value is pots & pans" is a joke and is overshadowed by our unity in dance music back then.
Respect to the Swindon crew, Free Spirit forever, West Country was THE hardcore.
Perception. Fantazia. Ektos. Patrick Ewing 33 Hi. Champion Suede mids. E tops. Two Tone Jeans. Stussy. Kiss FM. Everything we have in our hands & ears now is because of this.

He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe.

Respect to 1992, bring the hardcore to US.

Peace Out.

Last edited:
Honestly, at the end of the day we live in a world packed with people who are constantly, desperately looking for things to be offended about, and people who want to pass themselves off as some kind of moral authority. Traditionally, racism is judging another person based on their race, or holding certain races to be superior/inferior to other races (usually both). Now racism basically just means whatever some idiot who is looking for something to be offended about says it is.

I believe this is why I was instantly attracted to hardcore and later drum n' bass. Very few people knew what even techno was; let alone hardcore. Over in the states it was pretty much rap and alternative/grunge back then. House was popular, but even that wasn't what most people listened to. So blasting this over the car radio made me an outsider; and I loved every minute of it! I knew when my friend introduced me to hardcore in '92, that this was something new; a movement of sorts. I feel sorry for these kids nowadays because they won't be able to experience anything like what we did. Honestly, I took all of it for granted. I thought this would last forever. But when things started getting stale (or in some cases went bad all together), I felt like I lost a good chunk of myself. Now I spend a lot of time (during work hours no less) scouring the internet for those ol' skool gems; just to get that feeling back. That's why I love this site, because it brings back some of that magic. :)

Packman

I do get what you mean. It was a differnt time, a different dimension might as well be. Seems 90% of the good people I knew then disapeared without trace. But there are other good people, and these are different times. To ut it bluntly, they don't have to get it. THey are the product of the subculature we formed. we pushed the envelope , now its their turn, their direction. Live with it, the summer of love is long gone.

I do get what you mean. It was a differnt time, a different dimension might as well be. Seems 90% of the good people I knew then disapeared without trace. But there are other good people, and these are different times. To ut it bluntly, they don't have to get it. THey are the product of the subculature we formed. we pushed the envelope , now its their turn, their direction. Live with it, the summer of love is long gone.

Amen to that brutha! The media today is very marginalized; in that it seems you can only find a few forms of music (at least in the states). Though, I am thinking along traditional lines (regular radio, not satellite or internet). Gone are the college radio stations that used to play alternative genres, including hardcore and drum n' bass. I don't even hear too much house music now either; and that was huge back in the early to mid '90s. Like I said before, we were part of a good time, that I took for granted. It still trips me up that there were radio stations dedicated to hardcore and drum n' bass in the UK (KISS 100, KOOL FM, DON FM, etc....). We were limited to a few hours a week to hardcore. My wife has no idea what a rave is; so I feel for my kids and the rest of their generation.

Packman

Back
Top Bottom