These are the breaks.......

Hey nice work mr Marzletah..can ya get u ssome similar info on the humpty dumpty ( used on babylon 5 Yes yes) or nautilus ..and especially like to know what that break on Circle is ( not the melody which disapointingly is in fact a funk tune, not Adam F) .......oh oh and err well any new stuff on dem breaks is nice...:)
might have to dig out this wickid mix I got of Hip hop tracks were eth original break is mixed in ...you know the kinda thing :)
Big up thi s here thread

Hey nice work mr Marzletah..can ya get u ssome similar info on the humpty dumpty ( used on babylon 5 Yes yes) or nautilus ..and especially like to know what that break on Circle is ( not the melody which disapointingly is in fact a funk tune, not Adam F) .......oh oh and err well any new stuff on dem breaks is nice...:)
might have to dig out this wickid mix I got of Hip hop tracks were eth original break is mixed in ...you know the kinda thing :)
Big up thi s here thread

the circles break is from Kurtis Blow's "Do The Do".... seems a bit of a rarity though, nothing at all on you tube.... i will be doing a piece on it though, its a classic break that needs to be covered

Nautilus is from a track with the same name by Bob James.... from his album "One" (something all crate diggers should check out)...... been used loads of times in hip hop, never realised it had been used in dnb, but i'll do a piece on it anyway....... when im not so busy that is ;)

hmmm, humpty dumpty..... i think i know the break but im not sure where its from..... will have a dig about....

big up mate ...yes I gotta find that mix I think you would like it..it has some of Hip Hops finest moments mixed into the funky break they were built around...awsome education in breaks..would be wicked to hear a similar one for say Old School jungle :)

ive updated the links for most vids

they are being really gay about copyright, im not sure what they think they are gaining by getting vids removed

THE FUNKY MULE BREAK.....

attachment.php

Sampled from the track 'Funky Mule' on the album 'A Black Mans Soul' by Ike Turner & His Kings Of Rhythm, released in 1969

attachment.php

Ike Turner was the brother of Tina Turner, most famed for the stuff he recorded with his sister, but more notably, is said to be one of the fathers of Rock and Roll.

In the late 1940's Ike formed The Kings of Rhythm, which in 1951 recorded a track which is debated as the "first Rock and Roll record". The track 'Rocket 88' is credited to Jackie Brenston and His Delta Cats (an imaginary band), Brenston was accually The Kings Of Rhythm's saxophonist and the songs lead vocalist and writer.

Ike Turner & His Kings of Rhythm - Funky Mule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpIUbrXWuI

Paradox - A Funky Mule
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwJtQB4VUrI

Attachments

• IkeKingsOfRhythm.jpg
    IkeKingsOfRhythm.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 536841.jpg
    536841.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 135
Respect.

I actually think the songs the breaks came from are great songs in itself.

breakbeat has a 2nd meaning (which might have been the original meaning, come to think of it) and its a beat you can breakdance to, my girlfriend used to breakdance and she knows all these songs

breakbeat has a 2nd meaning (which might have been the original meaning, come to think of it) and its a beat you can breakdance to, my girlfriend used to breakdance and she knows all these songs

Does anyone know if these breaks have ever been released as a sample pack of CD quality? Breaks such as Apache, Assembly line, Do the do, Flow, Scotty, Worm, Plastic jam, Sniper, etc.

I thought id start this thread as there is a lot of talk of breaks... but no one ever seems to mention the original tracks.

So hear we go, hear are the original tracks that the breaks youve heard time and time again were sampled from.......

First up we have the break of all breaks...... you guessed it..... The Amen.

It is by far the most sampled break of all time, not just sampled by DnB producers but by producers of all genres, the good example of this break being used in another genre that you have probably already heard is in NWA's "Strait Outta Compton"

The break its self comes from a 1969 track titled "Amen Brother" by a band called The Winstons. It was released on the B-Side of a 7" 45 single called "Color Him Father" on Metromedia Records.

The Amen break on Wiki......

The Winstons
attachment.php

121ecr5.jpg

The Winstons - Amen Brother

Nate Harrison on the Amen Break

I will post more like this if anyones interested.... also feel free to add some too

Got this joint on vinyl behind glass in a frame in my studio =)

Does anyone know the origin of the break from "Urban Shakedown - Some Justice"

Come on you KNOW this one!

:rslayer:

Even if its 100% drum machine - who first came up with it on a drum machine?

This beat still kicks ass now in 2008 and always will.

I already know the singing came from Ce Ce Rogers.

Its the beat I am arsed about in this Urban Shakedown!

I had a sample CD with that breakbeat on it, "Future Music" magazine from way back, issue #2 or something when the mag just started.

Written on an Amiga!!! Unbelievable that it got to the top 40. A very mininmal record. "Run's House" break with a few stabs and a sample of Ce Ce Rogers "Someday".

Back
Top Bottom