Theres skateboarders, BUT then theres Rodney Mullen.

ilovelondon

Call me Jens.
VIP Junglist
i used to love watching these vids and adore his skating. But it's always the same. He's been repeting himself for years.
Now i just respect him, because of the sick tricks he can pull off (some of 'em that haven't been done by another skater yet), for the (now so common) tricks he invented, for being one of the most original skaters ever, and for being a landmark in skateboarding.

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
Rodney was the don.......now there's this guy. Pulls off tricks I haven't even heard people talk about! Mullen was God, and this guy must be Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilovelondon

Call me Jens.
VIP Junglist
Rodney was the don.......now there's this guy. Pulls off tricks I haven't even heard people talk about! Mullen was God, and this guy must be Jesus.

ah, true true true!

some more good stuff from richie:

and his brother in crime, more or less same sick style: patrick melcher!

Love the last one, ho ho ho mad stuff...

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
correct me if i am wrong, but didn't he personally invent a shitload of tricks.

I don't know the stats but its mind boggling if i remember correctly...

never mind here is the quote from WIKI...

"Mullen is credited with inventing at least 30 distinct skateboarding tricks, including the kickflip (originally called the "magic flip") in 1983, the heelflip, the 360 flip, and the impossible."

ilovelondon

Call me Jens.
VIP Junglist
correct me if i am wrong, but didn't he personally invent a shitload of tricks.

I don't know the stats but its mind boggling if i remember correctly...

never mind here is the quote from WIKI...

"Mullen is credited with inventing at least 30 distinct skateboarding tricks, including the kickflip (originally called the "magic flip") in 1983, the heelflip, the 360 flip, and the impossible."
Yeah, flip tricks wouldn't have been what they are right now without mullen.
But i did mention this already mate. ;)

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
he is the godfather of skateboarding, invented the kickflip and pretty much every other flip trick
Check his video part in second hand smoke, best section to date

CRoOK

Audio Artillery
VIP Junglist
in all honesty, yeh mullen is sick and an originator, but i get some bored watching his sections. i was gonna bring richie jackson to light but noz and ilovelondon are on the case! as for mini-ramp innovation, this is hands down the sickest thing ive seen, haslam and daewon kill it

D Double U

FQ Sessions
VIP Junglist
in all honesty, yeh mullen is sick and an originator, but i get some bored watching his sections. i was gonna bring richie jackson to light but noz and ilovelondon are on the case! as for mini-ramp innovation, this is hands down the sickest thing ive seen, haslam and daewon kill it

Best mini ramp vid ive seen by far...part one is all out tech, fuckin outstanding skills!