There's nothing more disheartening....

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
Then finishing a tune only to realise it's so forced and so bad it's not even worth putting on soundcloud.
Agree? Disagree?

I'm doing a tune right now and I have a feeling it's going to be one of those, should I keep going to finish it, just rush it through to finish it, or just abandon it here and now? Its about 60% done I would say.

get rid of it fast. Trust me, open a new project up and start fresh, even though i rarely don't finish what i started, it's always better to just drop it.

So do i, i haven't finished only like 5% of what i've started because to me, it feels like.. there is always a way, even if i strip it down and build it up again, there are almost always some elements in the track that i am still fond of. But it depends on the person as well, where you migh have some ideas, he might not have any. Collabs are great for this in my opinion, when i get those "idea shortages" the guy i am working with might come up with something i wouldn't have even thought of, and my creativity comes back...

But still.. if it won't work.. then it just won't work in my opinion, just hybernating the porject and coming back to it later could be a good idea as well, but i personally hate going back to old projects.. i'd rather make a new one.. improve from the last one and come up with something that's twice as good within the same time when forcing a project.

sometimes you just need to get the tune out of your system - even if its bad - at least you wont be wondering later if there was something you could have done to rescue it.

don't delete it! i find projects like this that never take off will come in handy one day... something i do when i'm having writers block is go through all the tunes i never did anything with and pikey all the interesting elements out of it of a new track.... or rip the crash for another track etc etc...

but trust, getting over the dishartening is all part and parcel!

Back
Top Bottom