the world will be a happier place if every1 stops relating pendulum to drum and bass

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by fastfret, Jan 25, 2009.

1. fastfret

fastfret Member

Seriously now, Pendulum made 'Hold Your Colour,' which is an immense drum and bass album, but since then have turned the tunes into a live show. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. They started getting less dj bookings and more live shows, surely everyone has noticed that pendulum are never on any flyers any more.

This is because they aren't so much drum n bass producers any more and function strictly as a band and are on the touring circuit. They have left the drum and bass scene behind, therefore they appeal to a much wider audience and things like 'moshing to pendulum' get debated in dnb forum. Moshing to pendulum is fine, you need to realise that in a lot of people's minds they are moshing to a band just like any other.

It's very easy to avoid all this confusion

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Re: the world will be a happier place if every1 stops relating pendulum to drum and b

loved alot of pendulum tunes before blood sugar.

i fucking hate blood sugar.
    its so lame.

axel grinder however was good.

but...no more pendulumz.

pendulum should be placed in wafflee

3. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

Re: the world will be a happier place if every1 stops relating pendulum to drum and b

like we never knew all this..

4. fastfret

fastfret Member

it's true I couldnt believe I was starting a thread about pendulum tbh but I just need to get this off my chest.

mate you know another planet/back to you/vault are the sickness

5. fastfret

fastfret Member

yeah I know man it's bait but I just get the same impression off a lot of ppl, it's not a rant really

6. Prospekt

Prospekt Active Member

7. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Mate, everybody on this forum has stopped calling current Pendulum dnb. We've got much more relevant and important things to discuss, such as "Machete - Is Hazard a Skynet Terminator?"

8. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

In Soviet Russia DNB is Pendulum.

9. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

BTW PENDULUM RULE!!! :wave:

10. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

in soviet russia forum is sent to concentration camp to be worked into the Gulsg titt you died of Frostbite

11. efil4ssab

efil4ssab Skematix DJ

Bitch Bitch Bitch, all I hear. :boxing:

12. donanonanon

donanonanon New Member

Hah!
    Off to review pendulum tonight here in OZ - don't know where the free tiks are but hoping hard for seats. If i have to stand about watching them play with their instruments i will be irked.

13. sammys

sammys Shelter Birmingham

here we go...AGAIN
    can we please change the topic to something more important...like machete?

14. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

why bring up pendulum other than to appreciate their old work??

no other artist has come into dnb and made such an impact in such a short amount of time like them, respect what they created for are us and respect the fact that want to try new things whether its dnb or not.

Quote - While their individual formative roots ranged from producing drum & bass, breakbeat and hardcore, to playing in metal and punk bands, their comparable talents proved an unstoppable force when they managed to single-handedly conquer the world of drum & bass in their first 12 months together.

Fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
  15. Ch4ndler

Ch4ndler I've been naughty, I'm banned

Pendulum are playing at Daktota in cheltenham on Fri, 30th Jan so they are still taking bookings, but there style of music has changed so much so now that although the club is around 10-15 minutes from my house, i wont be attending.

16. slimbo011

slimbo011 I've been naughty, I'm banned

pendulem can suck my left testicle

17. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

This.

They made some awesome tunes back in the day, now they have moved on.

I suggest everyone else does the same.

18. fastfret

fastfret Member

Thats it. I weren't bitching, they're wicked producers.

19. Snipaz

Snipaz I've been naughty, I'm banned

I think really you love this tune, ive seen you talk about it before dude lol......in the ringtone thread....you know you want it as your ringtone :) lol

20. jones-e

jones-e Junglist

pendulum smashed dnb when they wanted to.
    Now they want to produce music for a wider audience - mostly 14/15/16 year old emo cunts who will scream non stop through an hour long "gig" and sing along to tunes with no words!
    MUGS!