THE WIP THREAD

like it, rolls out great. i enjoy the contest between the bells and reece.

heres my updated version.
Beautiful tune, love it. At about 0:26 when the breaks solo'd it sounds a bit empty when its by itself, maybe you can chuck something in there.
I also think a few solo instruments here and there could add interest, especially during the breakdown, and also making the tremolo variable ratio (with automation probably) would sound great.

Good Tunes dude!

First one better than the second, id say. . theres a little to much bass eating the tracks up too, more space, MORE SPACE!!! lol its always the hardest thing to do (get a good mix that is) but the flow is all there. . . Nice chilled vibes.

A little more variation, a little more space and a good mix, you got yourself some deep jamz.

Seems when me and the boyz make tracks now, we tend to sacrifice flow for quality. . .

Last edited:
Heres something iv been working on in the past few days! any advice would be great!
https://soundcloud.com/juno_musicuk/2014-wip/s-2Islk

Listened to this a few days ago. Love me a roller. Really liked the break as well and the ref to Circles.

This is my first ever post on the forum and first I'm gonna say thanks to all for the info you've posted in the months I've been lurking. You've all been making it a lot easier to get started. Let me know what you think.
http://soundcloud.com/djgray1200/14-01-23wip

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Been working on this since around 6 this evening. Its the 1st i've made on FL studio 11 so still learning. Its Minimal and deep and the sub is very low so i'd use good earphones or a proper hifi to listen. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the melody, but I feel the drums are lacking punch and maybe some high hats?

https://soundcloud.com/acandrew4/electric-voices-ii
Dnb track I've had as a wip for a while, still trying to find a singer

I really like the idea you got here. Needs cleaning up a little, but I see potential in it. Try Taking a little emphasis off the choir chords thing and adding a little bit of some kind of effect on the piano and i'm sure it will start to sound more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Dysrupt: like the intro and the vocal, works well. Agree with JF that the bass line could be improved, something with more groove. Levels sound ok to me.

Jungle Fever: the bass works in a minimal way. Hard to tell exactly where the tune drops. You could add something in the midrange for interest, as well as or instead of the little growl.

Here's something I came up with in the weekend. Not sure if it will go any further than this but......any opinions? Have had epic 'dnb block' for a while now.

Are you kidding me? this is hard bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NZ has got some talent man. Biggups on this 1 sir!

Been working on this since around 6 this evening. Its the 1st i've made on FL studio 11 so still learning. Its Minimal and deep and the sub is very low so i'd use good earphones or a proper hifi to listen. Hope you enjoy. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I really like the idea you got here. Needs cleaning up a little, but I see potential in it. Try Taking a little emphasis off the choir chords thing and adding a little bit of some kind of effect on the piano and i'm sure it will start to sound more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me? this is hard bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NZ has got some talent man. Biggups on this 1 sir!

Definitely try layering the sub some more to make it stand out more, also is it me or is it panned to the right? atleast the right channel sounds more prominent, or my headphones are fucked.
Bass should always be mono imo.

Anyhow! I resampled for the first time in forever instead of going straight from the synth, and thus. I suddenly understand how to make Neurohop! Had a blast :D.

I like this. really clean, precise and calculated. Almost too clean for my taste, but thats a matter of opinion. Some drum variation would add some interest and make it sound less loopy. awesome work though. keep it going.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my addition for today. Hows it sound on you guys' end? I only used headphones with no A/B comparisons.

Back
Top Bottom