THE WIP THREAD

DAMN THAT INTRO! Those vocals were so sick, and everything worked so well together. those pads, the break gradually coming in, the synths kinda playing random quick notes in the background, then the part right before the reese where it goes slightly quiet but you can still hear the reese. Then the drop came and it didn't sound as big as I was expecting, maybe amp up your sub? it's definitely wide enough it's just not thick. Keep working it m8 you're almost there! That reese just needs a little more power!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my track, it's not really 70% done, more like 50. But I'm having trouble deciding what I really want in the drop composition wise. For example I'm not sure if I want to add more of those melodic stabs between the reeses, or if I want to take them away all together. enjoy! Tips and suggestions greatly appreciated!

I was playing around with the whole chugging riff kind of thing, need to get rid of that thud sound it's making cause it is clashing a little bit with the drum pattern. Also thought of something a little bit diff, doing a pendy and chucking a sneaky swing beat in there.. Either way I feel it's got a little bit of potential.

nice one deekay, it kind of has a videogame vibe to it..the swing is cool, kinda catches you off-guard. With a bit more variation i reckon this would be sweet.

Heres one i started on today, its bloody quiet like all my stuff lol anyway yeh..

Nice sound design! bass could definitely use more volume, as does the rest of the track, but that's nothing that can't be fixed by slapping on a limiter.

nice one deekay, it kind of has a videogame vibe to it..the swing is cool, kinda catches you off-guard. With a bit more variation i reckon this would be sweet.

Heres one i started on today, its bloody quiet like all my stuff lol anyway yeh..

like this but mixdown isnt quite right yet
also not to sure on the lead that comes in on the second part
like the bass alot tho and drums sound nice but dont seem to punch hard enough

- - - Updated - - -

heres my new thing

like this but mixdown isnt quite right yet
also not to sure on the lead that comes in on the second part
like the bass alot tho and drums sound nice but dont seem to punch hard enough

- - - Updated - - -

heres my new thing

Sub could be a tiiiiiny bit more prominent/louder, but I like it outside of that!
Interesting percussion!

(And thank you for your comment, snare was the most problematic I believe.)

What's the point of this thread? Since there's a fiduciaries section in the forum for this?
Seriously, I think who started this thread it's just a greedy hunter of reps... Should be avoided this kind of selfishness in this forum.
Since was born dnb forum, whoever was looking for feedbacks in their wip, the right section where to post it is the sub group "New Talents and Tracks Review".
What's the point to have a thread to bypass the dedicated section?
Are you trying to create a V.I.P. Section for few fellas???
Sounds gay...
Please... Be social and respect the environment.
There's already an organisation in this forum.
Please respect it.
Or create your own forum!

What's the point of this thread? Since there's a fiduciaries section in the forum for this?
Seriously, I think who started this thread it's just a greedy hunter of reps... Should be avoided this kind of selfishness in this forum.
Since was born dnb forum, whoever was looking for feedbacks in their wip, the right section where to post it is the sub group "New Talents and Tracks Review".
Sounds gay...
Please respect it.

Pretty much agree with this but this thread is for WIP's and the Talent section is for finished tracks. However it seems like this one has morphed into the other section a bit.

Pretty much agree with this but this thread is for WIP's and the Talent section is for finished tracks. However it seems like this one has morphed into the other section a bit.
Yeah this is pretty much the case. The thread does serve a good cuase, but i think it would make sense to sticky it in the sub forum.

Sounds gay...
Please respect it.

Sorry you feel that way but you couldn't be more wrong, most of your chat is waffle mate (in bold). This started from reading a couple of threads complaining about WIPs in the other section, so pipe down old man.

You're gay :dutchoven:

Last edited:
I had this up as a WIP literally earlier today and decided to finish it off tonight. I literally just joined the Forum half an hour ago too, so here it is!

https://soundcloud.com/mind-body-1/origin-original-mix

still might go make some tweaks still, so we'll call it a 99% done WIP

EDIT: i'm such a noob, so how do I imbed SC links??

This is cool man, think the main bass needs some different processing and groove each 16 I recon. Maybe make the second drop different too.

Also you gotta comment on someone else WIP before posting (y)

Last edited:
READT HISW HILEI LAFFA TU

fuck you russla i struggled for a second on that

Back
Top Bottom