The Wicker Man: comedy of the year

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I saw the original, I loved it! I have not seen the remake but I'm extremely surprised to see an A list Hollywood actor, Nick Cage in it. It almost seems poetic as he was in the Freemason movie "National Tresure", this movie Wickerman isn't too far off topic from that one.

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
Not a big Nick Cage fan, myself (with the exception of Raising Arizona). I am pretty well convinced the only reason he ever got any roles is because his uncle is Francis Ford Coppola. It sure wasn't because of his 'acting' ability!

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
his uncle is francis ford coppola?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Cage

Early life

Nicolas Cage was born Nicolas Kim Coppola in Long Beach, California. He is of Italian descent on his father's side, and English and German descent on that of his mother.[2] His parents are August Floyd Coppola, a comparative literature professor and brother of influential director Francis Ford Coppola, and Joy Vogelsang, a choreographer and dancer. His brother is Marc "The Cope" Coppola, a New York radio personality (currently airing on WAXQ 104.3 (also known as Q104.3). His cousin is Sofia Coppola, director of Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette.

mesh

VIP Junglist
yeah he can be pretty wooden, but I enjoyed him in Bringing Out The Dead, and Lord Of War.

he has made some shit though no question.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
how about that! makes sense when you think about it. i think his action movies are pure nonsense, like a big mac meal for your brain, but the rest of his stuff is not bad at all. like you said, bringing out the dead, 8mm, snake eyes, all pretty good flicks, i though.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
ok so i saw the original wicker man movie last night and although it didnt really qualify for the horror genre it was nicely atmospheric and stuck with you too. im curious about the remake

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
jokes!!!!! never thought he was that shit an actor, till this.................now looking back on all his films i do start to wonder...... As far as best films go ide have to stick with the classic mindless shoot em ups, Face off an The Rock :D

Reactor Grits

lick a shot
VIP Junglist
the original is amazing. just watched that 'worst of' bit and it hurts to say that Nicolas Cage made my top 10 actor shite list just now. what an immense display of sadness, but taken not literally funny as fuck indeed!
I just don't understand how good he can be in a flick like Leaving Las Vegas and such a git in this one. Drug (alcohol) problem or something?