The WickedSickPhatNasty Thread

Dugg Funnie

VIP Junglist
Alright dudes, so I'm putting together an online super-collab project and I want to know, officially, who's down and who's a clown. So this will be the official topic for going-ons related to The WSPN Project.

Now, I'm a bit of a newb to doing an online collaboration like this so any input is appreciated. I have an Ableton Project put together that has an audio track with a couple of bass riffs I threw together in it. I'm thinking dropbox as the medium for file distribution and maybe setting up some sort of turn-based system for each producer to get their wack at the track. So, if you're interested, post in this topic or shoot me a PM with your email and I can add you to the dropbox folder for this. Basically, you'll DL the latest update of the track project, do ya mothafuckin' thang on it and then, for the sake of processing power and some people may or may not have so-and-so VST, bounce your work out to a fresh audio and put it in the track which yo name on it for the recognition swagger.

Again, right now I have no clue how this will work logistically; but I really like the idea and think it'd be dope if people got involved.

It begins.

Fuck off. I'm in it.
Deadline 2 weeks or one?
Drums have to be in drum rack or separate channels (at least kick, snare, tops).
No multiple projects on Dropbox folder, only one and unique project.
Is that fine?
Add me.
You got my pm

I will contribute a single hi hat for this project........Ill spend an hour making it and it will be the best fucking hi hat you've ever heard!

I may thrown in a dolphin snare....YOU DUN KNOW BOUT MA AQUATIC BEATS BRUV!!! :teeth:

How about if we just decide on a key, tempo, then everyone makes tons of loops based around that. Then we pick the most awesome ones.

How about if we just decide on a key, tempo, then everyone makes tons of loops based around that. Then we pick the most awesome ones.

The only thing I can think of is bouncing out every piece of audio from the start of the track, so it has a long block of silence and everyone can tell where it is supposed to come in.
Instead of everyone having different arrangements of loops.

For you other folks that say you're in, one way or another I'll need ya email address to add you to the dropbox folder (I think you'll also need dropbox lolz).

As for deadline, I'm thinking it will depend on how many people get involved, but if it stays low then I'd say two weeks from the start would be nice (start being once everybody who's in is officially in and added to dropbox, and the first files added to the folder)

Drums, I think it won't really matter, because whether they're in a rack or separate channels, ultimately makes nearly 0 difference.

Plugin's, absolutely, but I'd say it's best practice to bounce anything you have with a VST running to a fresh audio track, to avoid any problems of somebody else not having the VST, thus altering their perception of the track and thereby the final product.

I'm making a riff, and I'll throw a super simple beat over it today and put a project folder together, I'll wait the rest of the day to see if anybody else joins up, and tomorrow I'll hopefully add everyone to the dropbox and we can get started. Just go with the flow, I want this to be a challenge, a sort of puzzle of how to make a collaboration like this work logistically, but above all I want it to be fun. Bear in mind, neither my riff, nor my basic beat, is guaranteed to be in the final product and that goes for anything else, lose your ego for the better good of the track!

I'm In..

I haven't finished a tune in a while so this could get me back on track.

Oh and iv just started getting the hang of my E-MU so i can run things through that if anyone wants ?

For drums I meant not to use a flat self-contained loop, exactly as said, separate channels.

Did u receive my email?

Oh, then yes, keep 'em separate plz!

And yeah, I got yours and everybody elses email who's sent it. Like I said, I'll give anyone interested until the end of today to join up, and I'll put setup the dropbox folder and add everyone at once tomorrow. (Eastern Standard Time, lol)

So, Sphinx are you in? I'd really like to hear the best hi-hat I've ever heard..... .

And, anybody have any ideas about how to make this multi-DAW friendly? It's not really bad at all with everything getting bounced to audio, but as far as maintaining the arrangement, it just gets all pooped on lol.

So, Sphinx are you in? I'd really like to hear the best hi-hat I've ever heard..... .

And, anybody have any ideas about how to make this multi-DAW friendly? It's not really bad at all with everything getting bounced to audio, but as far as maintaining the arrangement, it just gets all pooped on lol.

Well,
The only thing I can think of is bouncing out every piece of audio from the start of the track, so it has a long block of silence and everyone can tell where it is supposed to come in.
Instead of everyone having different arrangements of loops.

Other than that I have no idea.

OHHHHH! Lol, I had no clue what you meant by that when I first read that. Now I get it, ya I'm totally down with that to keep this project open for other DAW users! Kudos!

Also if everyone had AIM or something similar that would be totally cool

I'm uploading to dropbox as we speak. I'll add everyone to the folder right after it's up.

I added the folder "extra samples" to the Ableton project folder so that if you make something that you like, but it doesn't end up working for the track and you'd like to share it anyways, you can go ahead and add ya stuff!

And, the Utility plug-ins with a big gain reduction just to allow for headroom as things come together, part of my workflow lol. Change it if you like.

Edit: It has begun. Everyone who sent me their email has been added to the dropbox folder. Let me know if there is any troubles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom