The WickedSickPhatNasty Thread

Right had a play around with a vocal liquid vibe, could change up into a darker dugg style bass as it progresses or something. If anyone wants the vocal or anything I'll upload them later, gotta head out for a bit.

This is fun btw!

Righto, just uploading the stems to the intro for non ableton users, then gonna have a crack at it myself

Uploaded my intro edit, i think a half time intro could work. And seriously people get on aim so we don't have to spam up this thread :)

Is there some kind of AIM group thing we can join because I don't know who I am adding here :P

I think to help everyone get a chance to have their say/input maybe everyone should get Teamviewer 8.....it's free and its fucking sick! You could all connect to a PC for the final 'piecing' together of the project. Atleast then you can all hear (via the pc not a mic...so its really good quality!) and talk via mic or chat via text to each other. Also IF you want you can let people have control of the mouse and make edits. (that's if they know what they're doing on Abelton??)
I should get paid to promote Teamviewer as i highly recommend it!!

Just an idea for you guys.....

Kinda got me thinking of doing a weekly or monthly production viewing session??? Would be pretty cool to see the progression of a track and learn some new techniques or just having the company/live feedback throughout the process???

Ok guys, we need to try and keep organised the folder.
Today when I logged in it was already getting overcrowdy.

I've create a folder for the Ableton projects including the "original" for the first project, then everyone should create their respectvive folder calling it with their user name in capital letters.
Spyre, I've already created your folder.
For the stems for other DAW users I've created a "STEMS" folder, and also there, we can divide by user's name folders.

For the previews ideas, please use the folder called "PREVIEWS IDEA" in yellow. Make sure you put your name at the file name and date time.

Make sure you delete all the not usefull filkes and data, as the Dropfolder has a limit of 3GB and not all users use the dropbox only for this project.

I think to help everyone get a chance to have their say/input maybe everyone should get Teamviewer 8.....it's free and its fucking sick! You could all connect to a PC for the final 'piecing' together of the project. Atleast then you can all hear (via the pc not a mic...so its really good quality!) and talk via mic or chat via text to each other. Also IF you want you can let people have control of the mouse and make edits. (that's if they know what they're doing on Abelton??)

Kinda got me thinking of doing a weekly or monthly production viewing session??? Would be pretty cool to see the progression of a track and learn some new techniques or just having the company/live feedback throughout the process???

I've installed, but not idea how it works.
But will see...

I've installed, but not idea how it works.
But will see...

Give your ID and PW out to the ppl involved and they can remote connect to you, then they have the option at the top of the window to turn on computer sounds and in the video audio section they can turn on their mic or activate chat. All you have to do is give out the PW next time you sign in again. I wouldn't do it here because it is direct access to your IP so. Contact each other via aim or FB first.

HOLY FUCK YES!

I think we could def make that work in conjunction with trawlers vocals

Last edited:
I did the bass very quickly to see how the drums were going to punch.
It will for sure be the final bass anyway. ;)
But the drums are quite pushing, I like that pattern and sound.

Nice one Raj, I was thinking of going nuts on the edits for the drop.

Yeah I was actually wondering about one of those screenview programs, it'll be the easiest way to get the arrangement sorted, then we can worry about the individual sections.

Shoot, Trawler I just listened to the thing you tossed up. That bassline sounds fucking nice man, couldn't hear the low end earlier (listening through macbook speakers = fail)

Cheers dugg. It's going to be interesting to see how it works out, there will be lots of ideas that we can't squash into one tune obviously.

There's potential for multiple tunes to develop (vips?) and that could be exciting.

By the way: I'm happy for any files that I share to be used by you guys in your own productions, how do you all feel about that issue?

@Pride, keen as to get some superior drummer action happening somewhere along the line.

Yea, I'm down with the sharing; that's why I added that "extra samples" folder at the onset, so if you had any sounds that you liked but couldn't fit in the tune but wanted to share anyways, just toss 'em in there with your name on em (for credit's sake lol). And yeah, now that shit is coming together and getting organized, I'm currently figuring out these screenviewing stuff and how best we can start to work as a team on this.

Doh! must remember to copy files into the project directory before other members delete them.

Edit: no it's not deleted, just moved :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom