The want to learn more as you get older

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sam the dnb man, Sep 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Wussup,

Anyone on here find the need to learn subjects that were otherwise, neglected whilst you were at school, or any other subject for that matter?

At the moment, I really want to get into physics and maths as I work in a job that is intellectually un stimulating.

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

aw yeah dude. thats no joke, i dont know what made me feel like i could neglect school when i was there, but i just thought i knew all the shit, like, there was no class id step into and theyd tell me anything i didnt know, i just knew it, i spoke french before i could walk, and i greek mythology and history coming out my ass, geography and math were pretty much self explanatory, and id get average grades but i wasnt actually in school most of the time, and now, now im one of the dumbest motherfkers ever lived, if you catch me on the wrong day, and ask me my name, you get in trouble. ill be like mmm wait dont rush me i know this... its its its... i just had it.

but studying is stupid, i suck at studying. do you have a new album sam? is that right?

3. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Completely agree, if I won the lottery now I would probably spend the rest of my life at university.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

I get proper itchy feet, borderline depressed, if i'm not learning new things at work atm.. Much happier when i'm expanding my brain

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

i have the desire to learn every day, learning new things is one of the few things that holds my concentration, but nothing really from what I did at school, although i do spend allot of time reading about physics, biology and chemistry (but they where my geeky subjects in school anyway)

I didn't get much chance to do music at school, we did cover it, but the school budget for music was practically zero, so as soon as I left school I dove straight in and haven't stopped learning as much as I can about it, ever since

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Totally with you guys here.
    At school I simply wasn't interested. Perhaps the teachers didn't make the subjects interesting enough, or more likely I was a naive little fuck.
    Now I want to know everything. Documentaries about the cosmos and animals make my jaw drop. Cant get enough of them. considered doing some night courses of some sort but time is a commodity I don't have.

7. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Wish I did cooking at school, I hate cooking.

8. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Truth is school is wasted on most kids. Would love to learn another language to, had the opportunity to learn French and Spanish at school and just fucked about in both classes respectively.

9. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Been in a new job for just over a month, the learning curve I've been through, and am still on, is ridiculous. Before starting here I was in a job that didn't challenge me in the slightest. Starting trying to learn how to code, tried to start an app with a mate. That flopped. Started another one with him which was better but then work got in the way. Proper jealous that kids nowadays are learning how to code in schools. It will be essential in the future.

10. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Same. Got plenty of mates that are bilingual, some with 6 or more languages too. Always wanted to be in that situation where someone's talking shit about you in another language, thinking your the stereotypical ignorant Brit abroad not being able to understand a word, and then bam, you par them in their own language.

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  11. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

haha yeah I've always wanted to do that, the only thing I wished I focused on more in school is music

12. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Yeh that too. I was lucky enough to get percussion lessons from an early age, but in terms of music as a subject I pretty much wasted the opportunity. At my first school, the music teacher couldn't control the class for shit, so we just chatted all lesson and pissed around on the keyboard's DJ setting. At my second school, the music department didn't give a fuck about anything that wasn't classical music, so was naturally disinterested like most of the others in the school. So much talent was ignored in that school just because of their utter reluctance to consider doing anything contemporary. Shame really.

13. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

was same at my school mate, all classical music and teacher couldn't control the class at all so spent most the time fucking around when I actually showed up to the lesson lol

Vanden likes this.
  14. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Music class for me consisted of nothing but "DJ DJ DJ DICTIONARY DICTIONARY DJ DJ DJ"

sam the dnb man and Vanden like this.
  15. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Pretty sure the last 2 years of school I spent high af, only pretty sure as I can't remember as I was high af.

Dannyboy93 likes this.
  16. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

haha same man, putting in a fiver between four people to get a henry and if you had anything left from weekend a cheeky bit of wonk in the disabled toilets, good old days when it was a tenner a g, I miss them days!

17. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

good ol' tingers

18. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

See wonk didnt even exist to me when I was in school... Thank the heavens or I'd more than likely be brown bread by now.

19. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I was a high school drop out and started going to a university part time at 29. I'm about half way through to getting my degree in Nuclear Medicine, and I love it. My classes are mainly Maths, Physics, and Chemistry and I absolutely love it. It can be challenging trying to balance work and a education but the world is a fascinating place and smart people have discovered the most amazing things.

evermind and Dannyboy93 like this.
  20. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

nuclear medicine. talkin bout some nuclear medicine. only a russian would try to pull some shit like that. see, medicne and nuclear cant be in the same thing. cos one is dangerous. and the other one is medicine, see. thats like going I GOT THIS BABY VITAMIN BULLETS IN MY ANTI BACTERIAL CHAINSAW, HERE IS APPLE PIE NAPALM ON YOUR LOVE BRAIN CHALMYDIA ALSO YOURE NOW PREGNANT WITH A STERILE TRIPLETS

IV4 likes this.