The Voyage (Liquid)

sounds good mate
progressive, i like it
not keen on the beat, probably down to my taste, just sounds a bit too....synthy?

otherwise, good work

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

loving that phantom warrior though

Damn, sounds like DnB influenced by IDM (I'm a big fan of IDM)
Nice Chords and nice beat man!!!
Thumbs up!

I won't call this liquid, it's actually a techstep roller.
Work on the mixdown a bit more for the next time.
I can see you have good ideas but you aren't pushing yourself to the limits, go ahead and try harder you can, but you still too lazy I guess hahaha

Lazy huh? I feel that was a little harsh lol! But no fear....I can take it on the chin!

Please elaborate on what sounds off in the mixdown if you could, that way I can rectify any issues.

i like the pds on the intro and the bass is nice and deep but i just dnt think after the drop it doesnt sit that well together.... i will give u more details on why i think not.
the synths/horns uv got playin after the main drop sound a bit naff and i think it would be better if u just had the bassline and some pads instead of the whineyish synth.
drums need more percussion id say and maybe tamper with the kick and snare to make them a bit more weighty? i know light drums are used for liquid but theyre lacking depth and impact.
this may all be wrong in someone elses eyes its just what i think mate.
with work cud sound good :)

Yeah mate! Really like the intro. Reminds me of the sound scapes from The BFG and The Labyrinth. :D

Yeah when it drops the drums sorta lose impact - maybe add some more percussion in just to fill it out?

Nicely done in a day may I add! One of them nice little projects that comes together real quick eh?

the synths are real good man and i like the melody... seems atmospheric and spacey.. but the drums sound overall just a bit too weak... maybe just the snare that has little impact

Intro is really cool... I love those small verbed hits far off in the background.
Sub just came in, hmmmm... Sub might be a couple DB too loud for me in these headphones.

Yeah, the Mix is sounding really good but I think the Sub is too loud. Patch sounds fine, it's just a matter of volume imo. Perc is nice and snappy (full enough for me) and the main Lead is where it needs to be.

The lead that comes in around 3 mins is cool and works well (could maybe be a smidge louder..?..).

The piece overall doesn't make me want to jump out of my chair, but it is very relaxing and moody which I have a feeling was your intention when you made it. I love the Main Pad, it's very soothing.

Track overall is quality, I'd turn that Sub down a couple DB if it were me.

:rockon:

I love the intro, really smooth.

The bass doesn't really sit well with it, maybe it's too inyourface where I think with pads like those it should be pushed behind

Back
Top Bottom