The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (Cannabis documentary)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by GreenBoy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

a good ol' documentary about how great cannabis the plant actually is. this is for all of you who actually think cannabis is bad! a good watch! if you support ideas presented by this documentary and facts by science then go on support your local hippies and their politics :D

either watch it on google video - http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=The union The business behind getting high#

or get it from piratebay :teeth: - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/454...iness_Behind_Getting_High-2007-DivX-velvetfog

or buy it from amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Union-Busin...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1270280987&sr=8-1

long live cannabis :pimp:

and do some jedi mind tricks on your countries government to get it legalized :teeth:

2. Indigo

Indigo Member

im gonna mong out to this
    cheers =D

3. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

"bong" out to this? :lol:

4. Indigo

Indigo Member

lol
    mong and bong
    "A vegetive state of mind/being usually effective after consuming large quantities of alcohol, weed, lsd, ecstacy etc or combinations of"

this is good , im 12 mins in!

5. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

i would watch but im in milan with no weed cravin enough already! read on this site that the best bet is to 'approach a north african man sitting alone under a tree, or on a bench in parc sempione'

dunno if im up for that lol....

6. Indigo

Indigo Member

just this second finished watching it
    great stuff deffo worth your time!

7. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

yeah seen this ages ago, and agreed, it is one of the better docus out there bout the green ting

8. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

always nice to hear that people watch this sort of informative cannabis movies! :slayer:

9. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

nearly finished watching it, been very interesting

also seems the USA has listened, with the growing number of states legalising cannabis for medicinal use (put across beautifully by South Park)

10. Indigo

Indigo Member

i watched that episode last night , fucking brilliant!

11. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

12. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

just watched through it... it wasn't as informative... but it did bring out fair health questions and how it effects, but the so called "factories", oh boy - nice :D... but it's nothing that special that cannabis has some health effects (tar in the lungs, breathing problems on too chronic smoking and might cause depression if you smoke 24/7 ), but try and drink beer 24/7 or just smoke tobacco 24/7 or drink coffee 24/7... same or even worse effects can occur :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  13. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Didn't " The Union: The Business Behind Getting High" State that Cannabis doesn't have bad effects on the lungs as the smoke is different from Tobacco smoke? Can't remember exactly what was said about but I know that it said Cannabis smoke doesn't cause cancer.

I enjoy documentaries like this it explains what I have tried to explain to my mother for ages but shes got it set in her mind that cannabis is evil and will destroy me.

14. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

tar is not from weed... tar is from the bacco u mix it with for a big fucking tasty joint..... WHERE ARE MY SKINS!

15. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

well it is debatable, but according to the documentary you are correct (im not too sure on this point myself)... i think it does have some ill effects on the lungs, but the documentary did state that inhaling of hot fumes of cannabis might cause some respiratory abnormalities... it might, it might not : ) (havent seen any bad effects on my lungs or my respiratory system, yet :)

16. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Are you experiencing these symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  17. GreenBoy

GreenBoy Active Member

"talk to frank" ? did commix get their idea for a tune name after this advert? :lol:

is it cewl? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  18. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

one thing it didnt really clear up for me was the link between Cannabis and mental health issues like Schizophrenia? So does long term use of cannabis cause such things? And yes I know tobacco, alcohol causes far more serious long term problems, but im not talking about them.

19. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

Yeah they seemed to ignore the issue entirely. I enjoyed the documentary alot but that is something they should have spoken about. Maybe it's not such an issue in America. In the UK it's all they ever go on about.

20. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

I was under the impression there wasnt a defined link to it, as mature sane people who have been smoking for years have had no symptoms, they did mention the link to smokin at a young age and then forming schizophrenia later in your life which is fair.
    Even then, its pretty harmless in comparison to other drugs that they mentioned.
    Say a kid (10yr old) is given coffee alcohol and coke (1or all 3) for the rest of his life, he will probably not make it till about 20 give him a bit of bud and instead of dying he may or may not get schizophrenia????
    I think this whole system on cannabis is fucked!!
    That documentary just made me more angry that nothing is changing, i wont lose sleep over it its just annoying as all the other drugs are free roaming killing millions and they have no rules whereas a harmless plant is banned throughout history?!?!
    Greed comes to mind, oh well atleast it may change in my lifetime?