The Ultimate Cumulative Effort Of Jay Dee/ J Dilla Beats Pon The Interwebs

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I think we all agree he is the best producer of the past 20 years, so lets acumalate all his beats into a gargantuan thread to rule the internet, if you don't know youll learn and be able to post later, because Jay Dee is addictive to say the least, I will bump the thread daily without cause, because it is good for us all. Life is better when you have Dillas music in it ___Fact

I'll start with 5 tunes to wept the tastes of the uninitiated

Last edited by a moderator:

jmzmaloney

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
he is good

- - - Updated - - -

was it Mistanoize who did a good all Dilla mix?
Yar Mistanoize did, was very good aswell, Dillas style spread throughout, listen to the second tune, that is pure Calibre, pure music, understated no sounds big in the mix, Calibre built his style on that era of Dillas productions

- - - Updated - - -

Listen to Slum Village Volume 2, some of the most beautifully understated music ever made, you get lost in it, the bravado rapping leads you away from what is going on from underneath. Check this one, the intricacy on the bits on the chorus is amazong

jmzmaloney

Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Yes Wayne!!! It was odd, when he done The Pharcyde and the Tribe album, everyone ripped them saying that theyd both lost it, me aswell, didn't like either of the albums when they first came out, now theyre classics, Dilla was so far ahead, took me a few years to catch up

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
I'm tempted to put his beats to the ultimate test by mixing them to the worst acapellas i can find.

I'm thinking Vanilla Ice. Snow. Puffy. Nelly. D4L. Lil wayne. Kanye.

It's sacriligious, but there might just be a gem in there.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Illa J and Frank (of Frank and Dank) released an album under Yancey Boys of unused Dilla beats this year. Some gems on there. Definitely go and check it

- - - Updated - - -

These are my top 5 off Donuts

The switch at 50....

- - - Updated - - -

As far as his unreleased beat tape stuff go, this is my favourite tune. Love that sample.

http://www.egotripland.com/gallery/waajeed-dilla-sample-flips/9-j-dilla-track-35-beat-cd-track-2005/

If you remember, I posted a thread asking what the sample said. Well that link has the sample too. 2:40ish too. I still dont' know what it says haha

- - - Updated - - -

That bass

- - - Updated - - -

Love the bassline