The Truth Is Out There...(an amusing yarn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriminalakkused

The following is a true story - it was posted to Knowledge Magazine earlier.

Hello.I am a DJ and avid fan of your magazine and have been reading it since day one. Keep up the good work all you guys at Knowledge! However, rather than just do the usual run of the mill thing I thought I might interest you by indicating that I am speaking as a Drum & Bass head who has recently become disenchanted by the club scene as I feel it has taken a vast dive in its appeal over the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, I will be going back, but only if something changes. I have diagnosed the problem, like everyone else who knows what they are talking about, as being the fact that music is very much available to the masses these days, in its availability and its presentation, but this didn't mean that its overall quality had to take such a sharp dive too. The most depressing confirmation of all that this is the case has to be when I found out in recent issues that a boy who used to be in the same class as me called Saul Milton, a.k.a. Chase, of 'Chase and Status' has recently made it big and is seen as some kind of 'star for the future'. Unfortunately for Saul, people like me remember that while we were listening to the beauty that is Jungle rising from the deep, even though it and ourselves were only young, he was listening to Marky Mark and even worse, trying to put his poster up in our classroom. Thankfully to Christ our teacher told him he was not allowed to, a decision that was greeted with vast applause from the rest of the class. Before I thought it could get any worse I saw his face again at the top of the mixes page on D&B Arena site, and sure enough it started with some pathetic breaks over the voice of the one and only Method Man, (let's face it, it was either going to be him or Busta Rhymes) and I couldn't listen to any more when I heard the worst mix of The Nine by Bad Company I have ever had the misfortune to hear. The situation it seems has become has become rather grave. That said, it only means the Revolution is surely coming, as it simply cannot go on like this, and the sort of people that deserve recognition, yet do not cherish it, no doubt like Marky Mark used to, as talentless as he was (and perhaps still is if you are able to recognise the real irony of one of my favourite films of all time), will surely be recognised soon. I really hope, for all our sakes, that the situation changes, and would be proud if someone could start the ball moving, and ask all those folks who were listening to Leviticus-The Burial on their Walkman when dear Saul was into MTV and Marky Mark and friends, to please stand up.
Yours sincerely, K.A

ha ha, either a pisstake or somebody extremely bitter that it's not their name at the top of the banana arena mixes page

Unfortunately for Saul, people like me remember that while we were listening to the beauty that is Jungle rising from the deep, even though it and ourselves were only young, he was listening to Marky Mark

well mate, unfortunately fer most of us, we werent listening to hardcore when we were nippers. Thanks fuck for people like you who are keepin it real. And dont feel bad that you aint making it big, real soldiers walk in the shadows..
wanker

:slick:

why has sum 1 gotta have been listenin to drum and bass from day 1 to make it big?!is that a rule in d&b now?thats me outta the picture then!

Shodan said:
Marky Mark tho

ddaammmmnnnn :D

Agreed with mr Shodan. Mark freakin' wahlberg! GEEE!
I wonder if vanilla ice floated his boat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom