The Steven Spielberg Syndrom

Quartus

Do you got the Steven Spielberg Syndrom?
Everytime he's made a new movie he says it's his best yet.

Do you always or mostly think your latest track u produced is your best?

I think I got it.

was thinking this very thing this morning... keep thinking, 'ah, this tune finally sounds proffesional... i'll get this one mastered i think' but before i finsh i start another track and the whole process repeats!

that said though, i think i was more creative a while back but i'm way better technically now... so recently i have been going back over my old tunes and using my better skills on better tunes!

precisely, i think its true actually, cos for every tune i learn something and use that on the next one. so the next is usually better than the last. not always but im not the type to rework old songs, i like starting new songs so much that ive got like 9000 unfinished bits

Nope.....I have the Britney Spears Syndrome..........I started off great, then everything I do after that gradually gets worse and worse.

That was a good one Mr Fletch.

As long as you don't have the Adolf Hitler Syndrom, everything is alright.

I do that all the time, the only thing is that my tunes turn out to be total crap after listening to them twice.

Oh and hi Im new here.

thanks mate ;)

btw do you also get that feeling that you already heard the tune you're working on somewhere? Sometimes I just go "fuck that I can still call that a remix". Usually its just me mind playing tricks on me but this type of feeling sucks.

I had that 4 years ago when I started producing much electronic musik, because I always orientated by my favoritve Tracks.
Noeadays, I try to make my own thing.
Sometimes I'm just not sure if this fits in any genre.

i used to get this all the time, id make a new tune, think it was the best thing ive ever done then id do a new tune and then again think it is the best thing ive ever done. Ive only ever made one tune that everytime i listen to it i get a little jump in my stomach knowing that i made it. and it was quite a long time ago, about a year so i wasnt that brilliant with the technical stuff. also ive found its better to go by other ppls reactions than my own cos i will always think its brilliant and then ill listen to it with someone else and they'll be like ".... meh.... its alright..."

personally hate listening to my own tunes with other people (unless i'm playing them out fo course) cos i get so self conscious!

personally hate listening to my own tunes with other people (unless i'm playing them out fo course) cos i get so self conscious!

fair play man, i normally have to. mates got such a phat system in his car would be stupid of me not to jump in the car and test it out lol.

fair play man, i normally have to. mates got such a phat system in his car would be stupid of me not to jump in the car and test it out lol.

can make or break a tune in my opinion on how it sounds on a system but thats just my bass addict ways

Back
Top Bottom