The sound quality debate.

well a club system is not an ideal sound system, as much as I love Funktion1, I wouldnt want it in my studio, and I certainly wouldnt want the acoustics, there is a diffrence between what a sound engineer wants to hear, and what everyone else wants to hear - so from that perspective, it really doesnt matter

i've seen quite a few test clips around the web and on forums, you can probly find some ready packaged up for you to test yourself, an excellent pair of in-ear monitors are probly the best way to do it

i'll be fine when i have my studio back :D

..as tim viper said - all the top djs play out 320kbps mp3s and dont seem to mind.

missrepresent_203.jpg

:teeth:

I think he's got a bit mixed up. I've heard before if you do listen to low quality music i.e. everything sounds really muddy or distorted then your brain works harder to distinguish the different sounds and it can make you tired quicker. Same with sound systems if the sound quality isn't very clear you will end up with a lot of tired ravers quicker than you would with nice crystal clear sounds.

This is basically what I meant.

theres a big differnce between the 320's the dj's use and the ones u buy from beatport or juno done in seriously shit encoder software

iv beeen sent tunes to my email in the past months before there release then iv bought the atchul track again when its released from a web store to support friends labels and it sounded mash up

plus if you buy wavs every week then damn can u hook me up with a job please because that would work out more expensive then buying vinyl

i doubt any of those mp3 selling sites reencodes the mp3s they get send..
Nobody delivers mp3's to stores, labels deliver WAVs to their distributors or Beatport, whatever and then they'd be converted to whatever formats the shop sells.

But if there's going to be a new conspiracy that "DJ 320s" are better than Beatport 320s... lol ok. Your so-called "DJ 320s" were 9/10 times probably converted in iTunes. DJs buy off Beatport too! lol. Not everyone has every track they need, and Beatport is where they'll go to buy it just like anyone else. The only difference would possibly be if you were sent a vinyl mastered track instead of the digital one.

Again if someone wants to get out pie charts and spectro analyses to try to prove they're right, go for it. I just would again point out that all of the producers you guys look up to, all the best of best, the people who spend all day, everyday, doing this for a living... the people who obsess for 3 months over a snare... not one of them has ever asked me in 4 years of mailouts for a WAV instead of an MP3. So pie chart or not, what does that tell you? Unless you're an owl or a dolphin, you probably don't need to lose sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom