The shadey web orders thread!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by klusta, Aug 23, 2002.

1. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Ordered a smoke machine off Sapphires 2 weeks ago, money went out of my account a day later. They suppose to do free next day delivery so I phoned them today and they said the product is now discontinued :thumbsd:. Also they reckoned they tried to contact me but I got no phonecall :finger:....I'm awaiting a refund

Found another shop and they reckon its not discontinuedand they had the one I wanted in stock, managed to blag them into bringin the price down to sapphires price aswell :thumbsup:

Next week its Citronic :mad:

Anyone else had any dodgey web orders ya wanna share with dnbforum?

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

IMO fuck me around nearly everytime I order choonage from them :mad:

Oh, and the Stakka & Skynet mailing list :gun:

Bunch of crooks I tells ya!

3. Kanta

Kanta Member

satelliterecords.com is a joke, but everyone knows that

years ago, i ordered some records from www.unitedhouse.com. they completely ripped me off, i kept calling/e-mailing and no one ever responded and i never got my records...

i'm thinking they must not be in business anymore because that site has looked the same for over 3 years and their inventory doesnt look like its changed either. what a joke.

but the fact that their site is still there is really strange, who's paying for it? and i recently saw one of their banner ads on another site... i wonder if people are still visiting their site and throwing money into this black hole :shake:

~Kanta

Last edited: Aug 23, 2002
  4. klusta

klusta Pulsar

hmmm, underfire mailing list
    I was gonna signup for that but from what I've heard from previous/other pay mailing lists its mostly bad.

Never ordered from satallite, correction....never will. Although I've never been skanked with vinyl :evil: its just equipment that gets me.

Stu: wots IMO?

5. Stric-9

Stric-9 New Member

i was wondering the same thing :D
    i just say its in my opinion and call it a day :slayer:

6. klusta

klusta Pulsar

had to phone them three times in the end to get my refund from sapphires, wankers!

Right citronic...

I ordered some spares for the pro 10 I've got, just a fader and some volume faders...think the order came to around £20. 2 days later I found out that some c**t had been ordering take-aways from a phone in Melksham, funnily enough it was where the hq for the citronic website was. They managed to get a chinese and a pizza out of me before I cancelled my card :finger: .....last time I order from a site I don't know!

7. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

8. konfusement

konfusement New Member

Hey fellas/ladies. Check us out. We aren't shady. Can't afford it. :)
    www.konfusement.com <--- Jungle only. Record store. Cheaper than Satellite.

9. 1992

1992 Novantadue

A smoke machine is something you'd want to buy in person unless if you've ordered lesser things from the same mail order company. Such as for example I bought my Martin Magnum 700 fogger from Prosound & Stage Lighting through the mail because I had ordered lightbulbs and needles from them in the past without any problem.

10. Ol Skee

Ol Skee Original Kakalak Asshole

Agreed
    Satellite Records online is shotty... The shipping time takes bout 3 weeks and their catalogue is not updated as its suppose to be... Ive shopped at their actual record store in Atlanta, and its ok.

planetxusa is not one my fav's either.... they have a minimum purchase of 40dollars for regular records( i think $50+ for promos) and their prices are expensive. The only redeeming thing for them is that sometimes they carry hard to find records.

Ive heard stories that hardtofindrecords is shady as well. Never done business with them, and never will.

Never knew IMO was shady. Now i know to never go to them

For old school records, ill either go to flashbackvinylfinder or htrax.
    For current, i go to redeye or chemical.

11. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Ohh yes Planet X is the worst online and real life record shop I ever delt with. The sad thing is that Mark "Spike" Shimcock (yes thats his real last name) was the only person in the area selling techno records. This guy had the strangest taste in tunes so he would only get in the things that HE liked and told everyone else that everything else was crap. Hence he didn't really ever carry more then 2 jungle/hardcore records each week. On one occasion this guy actually had the gal to disrespect me and my buying habbits in front of my own mother! This guy was a real asshole (stating the obvious I know...)!

The last time I had to deal with him was when I was looking at his website. Simply by clicking on some sellections to listen to them sends a whole order into swing and the next thing I know I have a UPS order in route to ME! This was extremely incorrect. I really shouldn't have accepted the order but I did cause I would have gotten the tunes somewhere else.... just not from him. Not from Mark Shimcock!!!!!! Not the guy who insulted me in front of my MOTHER!

:gun: Mark Shimcock :chainsaw:

12. lilmissdj

lilmissdj Member

i ordered sum decks from sapphires and it was not next day delivery try two weeks! never order from them again!

13. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i ordered 3 thai hookers 2 ounces of smack an 18 gallon bong and a gardenhose. worked fine for me.

14. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Yeah check out: www.shuangbao.net

Theyre a bunch of monkeys who thinks posting info about their carpet/rug business numerous times on a dnb forum is gonna increase their business!!!

15. 1992

1992 Novantadue

[​IMG]

Ohh but they have nice blankets..... :love: :mrpanic:

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:love:

16. klusta

klusta Pulsar

I bought one :lol:

17. Ol Skee

Man that is some shady shit. :thumbsd:

18. dRiFT

dRiFT Break Pirates

I've never really had many problems in the past, none at all with hardware. HTFR are notorious for bootlegs without advertising them as such and charging an arm and a leg. Also had some bootlegs from IMO(ages back) although I think they do advertise this fact now.

HTFR also keep records of anything you order which is then found to be out of stock. They're meant to contact you if one comes in to ask if you still want it(which they've done once with me). Another time they sent a tune and charged me without even asking frst. This is wrong, and luckily I hadn't found the tune elsewhere in the meantime. I have had some good stuff from them before but it's all a bit of a gamble.

Trusted stores on the web:

Oldskool:
    Suburban Sounds
    I-Tunes

New stuff:
    Redeye
    Chemical

19. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

Has anyone's Redeye order been fucked up in the past week or so? Might be a problem, waiting for answer from them today on an order I placed...

Posted later:

Well, seems to be the fault of the courier. They cocked up the address and were trying to deliver the parcel to the right road in the wrong town! Re-scheduled the delivery to my home address and they hope to deliver the consignment tomorrow. Snorted!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2002
  20. Ol Skee

Ive never had a problem from Redeye. Tom runs a safe store. If you email him about your problem, he'll do his best to look out for you.