THE SCHEMISTS

DJsEiZe

I've been keeping my eye on this production duo for a while now and think they've reached a level which could see them get a release in the not too distant future. They've already gained support from Logistics, Loxy and Subterra. Here is their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/theschemists

They also put on a pretty good night called Masterplan in St. Albans, Hertfordshire which is worth checking out if you're in the area. Anyway give their music a listen :)

Last edited:
Yes I can see where they are going with this. I like it, sort of reminds me of older calibre tunes. nice, and I disagree on the too clean sound issue, just about right for me, not too fancy but not too ruff either.

I can't understand how people can get annoyed by good production when there is so much shit drum n bass that gets released on a regular basis. Surely its only 'easy to go over produced' if you're a good producer? Either way I don't think this is the case with these guys, their muisc does have a good groove and soul to it, the quality production is just a bonus!

I've never heard anyone complain about production sounding too clean, thats mad!

Listen to any record from the 80's when digital was the new thing. There you have it, too clean. Somehow a lot of modern drum'n'bass production is focusing too much on "that snare needs 200Hz more" or "this synth would sound better through that lexicon reverb". There's also a lot of commotion of "filling up the spectrum" and how weird is that? How does having all the sounds possible in your tune make it better?

Thats' over production. But hey I like these guys' sound just fine, for me this isn't over produced.

I do understand about people making their tunes ridiculously loud etc, but the producers who are accused of this are usually the best producers in the scene. My point is there should be more quality control in the drum n bass scene and more done about the rubbish that gets released, before people start moaning about music that sounds good and that is of high quality. This thread was supposed to be about these guys tunes...

I do understand about people making their tunes ridiculously loud etc, but the producers who are accused of this are usually the best producers in the scene. My point is there should be more quality control in the drum n bass scene and more done about the rubbish that gets released, before people start moaning about music that sounds good and that is of high quality. This thread was supposed to be about these guys tunes...

so do you know anything else about them?

have any links to sets or other tunes apart from them on the myspace? these guys smashed friday night.

Back
Top Bottom