The Runner- Chromey- Liquid (WIP)

Hows it going mate. Hey the drums need more low end body, layering some punch behind what youve got will work wonders. I do like the style of dnb your producing these days, will sound awesome once you've refined your sound mate.

Refine my sound? Ooh you make it sound all proper n ting :D

I'm still trying to distinguish my arse from my elbow mate ;)

Cheers for the feedback, will be sure to go and beaver away adding some slam to it all.
I'll post the final version once its done.. might PM you a sneaky preview

It's pretty nice anyway, apart from what's already been mentioned.
That arse/elbow thing is a bitch to come to terms with. I've resorted to sticky labels.

done a shitload of tweaking last night, fixed the kick (layered up a badboy vengeance kick and EQ'd it to complement the base kick) EQ'd the drums better and mastered the track- loads of snarl and punch now- as well as making some fairly drastic arrangement changes.
Will upload in the next couple of days. :)

i'd still like a bit of high to the kick (maybe accent it with a soft hi hat), thats just me though :), i love those strings. whats the sample?

nice to hear a snare that isnt a punching 200 snare too, more oldskool production snapping. i like it man (y)

Cheers for the feedback- some interesting points you raised.
Soft hat sounds good, the new secondary kick has some boosting on the lower freqs and a peak in the mid to give it some prescence, whereas the base kick is more lowpassed.

The pads ['strings' that are actually synths] are from Danny Byrds pack.
His pads and fx are ace- not so hot on his kicks though imho.
the snare is byrd's too.

Last edited:
sounding lush man! lovin the variety of sounds in this one, yeah bit more punch on the beat but no need to go overboard - it is a liquid track after all ;)

big ups!

listening now i like the sounds used in the intro kick is definately lackin lows :D but as mentioned before its a minor to sort, the bass sounds nice but needs a volume boost arrangement sounds good, like the change up of bass, not overly keen on the little piano change up though. ;) cool tune

Cheers,
yeah, my mrs also hates the piano change up and keeps giving me a hard time to change it! :D
Bass is dealt with now as is the kick.

I like this jungle type of dnb, was feeling the pad, IMO the kick could still be powered up, and you could have used those synths more, very nice stuff mate
!

Thanks to the help of Demure this tune is back on track.

The output level is now a more sensible -5db so you'll need to turn up your speakers/wav volume compared to normal.
Plenty of headroom now for when I get around to getting it mastered properly...

http://soundcloud.com/_joker_/the-runner-4

Still tinkering with a vocal to complement the music.

Again massive big-ups to Demure for helping me out and showing me where I was going wrong.

Back
Top Bottom