The Road (Finest Selection Of Downtempo Drum & Bass)

On this, will serve me well for the long drive tomorrow evening.
Om Unit - The Road is a stunning piece of music

Selection was wicked and enjoyed the ride, but it felt overly 'podcasty' with nearly every tune being played right the way through to the bits with no beat at the end before the next tune came in. Lots of tunes that I have never heard before, which is always nice. I think Translucent came in slightly out of structure in the mix too

Selection was wicked and enjoyed the ride, but it felt overly 'podcasty' with nearly every tune being played right the way through to the bits with no beat at the end before the next tune came in. Lots of tunes that I have never heard before, which is always nice. I think Translucent came in slightly out of structure in the mix too
My idea for this mix was to let tunes breathe as much as possible, let them show full potential, way beyond after break. Sometimes it's tricky to mix next tune if it has only one bar (20sec) intro without any beat, just atmosphere for example (lot of tunes here has it). If that's the case I choose to mix it only when previous goes to non beat part, that often means until end...mixing two beats with these type of tunes must be done very carefully, second tune must not have bass and full structure, I hope you understand what I mean :)

Thanks for the extensive comment, I love creative discussion!

My idea for this mix was to let tunes breathe as much as possible, let them show full potential, way beyond after break. Sometimes it's tricky to mix next tune if it has only one bar (20sec) intro without any beat, just atmosphere for example (lot of tunes here has it). If that's the case I choose to mix it only when previous goes to non beat part, that often means until end...mixing two beats with these type of tunes must be done very carefully, second tune must not have bass and full structure, I hope you understand what I mean :)

Thanks for the extensive comment, I love creative discussion!

I understand. Letting nearly every tune breath as much as possible can sometimes lead to a mix loosing energy. Its also nice to vary where you bring tunes in, having switched mixes, bringing tunes in in different places, double drops ect.... and sometimes mixes can become a tad predictable if you let the whole tune play out all the time.

The blends in your mix where there is no beat for the intro of some tunes are really special blends. I take my hat off to anyone who can do this as it is a very difficult task to master. I've only heard you and maybe a couple of others on here do this, so fair play to you on that (y)

Hopefully you will be interested in having a listen to the Beats & Bass series that I compile on here when it gets up and running again, as a lot of the tunes in them should be right up your street.

The blends in your mix where there is no beat for the intro of some tunes are really special blends. I take my hat off to anyone who can do this as it is a very difficult task to master. I've only heard you and maybe a couple of others on here do this, so fair play to you on that (y)
appreciated ;)

Hopefully you will be interested in having a listen to the Beats & Bass series that I compile on here when it gets up and running again, as a lot of the tunes in them should be right up your street.
will do, hope you will upload them on your soundcloud!

Back
Top Bottom