The Renegade Hardware (28-06-2003) Thread

dear goooooood!

never been to coronet before, but that was killer!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO! is all im gonna say

Did anyone snag any new tunes from last night? Wouldn't mind seeing some of the NASTY new things I heard show up on the dubplates page.... that new Fresh tune (I think its called 'Floodlight') perhaps? Or is that just cheeky? :monkey:

Dunno guys... pretty good night, cannot disagree. The soundsystem is THE SHIT!! That sound is just unbeatable, the club is very nice and no bad attitudes which was good. HOWEVER. Having bought tickets online and having to queue for SO long when people paying cash on the door were going straight in was just plain silly.

Having said that, first DJ I cought was Goldie for his last 20 minutes or so. Can't judge having not seen all of his set, but what I heard I didn't particularly dig. Loxy and Ink quite boring really. Lemon D was the man who actually started getting me to dance, and the man Dillinja was the DJ who made me jump with joy :) Heavy set, based solely on his tunes, driving the valve SS to its limit. Proper.

Then I was very positively surprised by Trace's set which was up to snuff, with tight mixing and some proper heavy tunes. Wicked set indeed.

Big disappointment of the night was Andy C. I udes to like Andy's sets very much. Last night he confirmed a trend that seems to emerge from his recent sets. His intro was heavy, but when u'd expect andy to start droppin some tunes, all he did for about 20 minutes can only be described as war. Amen after amen after amen after amen. Sorry guys, I know some of you will disagree and I respect that, but if Andy's sets go on to be like this I will always prefer Zinc's or Bryan Gee's or even Trace's sets!

Highlight of his set was Moving Fusions Chilli Pepper RMXed (dunno by whom). Heavy. Period.

The MCs for the night I am not going to comment, because apart from 2SHY and maybe Fats who's got his own stylee from back in the day, the others were plain shit (in my humble opinion), worst being MC Flux who appeared with Andy at the very end.

OH. and Andy's set stopped very abruptly after maybe 8-10 tunes into his set. Either by a blown amp or (more likely) by people shutting everything down cause it was already 5.57 or smthg.

I enjoyed parts of it very much, but... it wasn't excellent.

Ez arisp, we got in about the same time as you, it seems the glist was in the same queue as the tickets and cash only people. We queued for like 45mins to an hour, ridiculous! Especially since we were reviewing and taking photos for TOV, we missed out on some of Friction, all of Dylan & Tech Itch, and part of Goldie because of the queue shenanigans.

Still! Once inside I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I decided that I would venture down to the dancefloor for Dillinja's set, and it was well worth it! The power of the Valve Sound System is immense, it felt like a wall of warm bass all around you, must definetly bigup the whole Valve outfit for that experience. I have witnessed the Valve twice before, but never like that!

Dillinja was absolutely crisp on the decks in my opinion, all the ravers around me were loving it, but no doubt the Internet Dillinja haters will bring him down soon enough.

I could go on and on, look out for M-Code's full review of the night (once we got in!) within the next few days.

Oh, and a special thanks to Sarah@TOV for working together with dnbforum.

Boh :slayer:

my opinion of dillinja has completely changed after hearing his tunes on that sound system!!! i used to think they were all the same and boring, but bloody hell crunch and fast car sounded rediculously good!! even old tunes he played like south manz completely blew me away! andy c was a bit disappointing with the sound stopping for what seemed like ages, and afterwards he only played one tune (even though it was signal :)) i was just starting to get into his set aswell, after chilli pepper remix was played. completely missed fresh and friction due to the queueing time, and once i got in there i spent about 30 mins trying to get a drink from the most incompetent barmaid in the world, and this was the only time screamer was played; while i was at the fuckin bar! anyway once i managed to get right to the front in between the two massive speaker stacks i dint really move from there all night, must have been about 5 hours!
there was one tune which was rinsed by almost every dj, i think its by keaton and hive, and has possibly the nastiest bassline ever!
wicked night though, despite missing friction, and i'll be lookin out for that sound system in the future!

Indeed... Dillinja was the BIZ last nite.. If someone has a recording or knows if there are going to be archives of RH last nite, please let me know.. I am especially after Dillinja + Trace which were the sets of the nite in my opinion.

Big UPs to all Valve crew and the man like big D!

i was lucky enough to catch some of frictions set, and it was fuckin wicked! dili smashed it up as well last nite, the whole andy c experience was ruined by the shite mc and the fuck up with the power (anyone actually know what happened???)

back to dili, usually dont really feel his stuff, but i started talkin about it wen we finally got home last nite (fulham from elephant and castle at 6 in the mornin - wtf?) and started rememberin wen we saw him at mass on the valve about a year ago, and he mainly dropped his own anthems (big bad bass LP), and that was fookin wicked too. same as last nite really.

all in all - top nite, well worth the cash. roll on DNBvsVURTvsBREAKNECK!!! lookin forward to that, gonna venture portsmouth ways again. boh!

wicked

we got in there for half of dylan and tech itch's set, tho i sent most of it at the bar :321:

the weir thing is that in alot of the pictures you guys took include my mates i went with! and theres one of me when im right up at the front for goldies set, you know its me cos im 6'2 and you can see my head over everyone elses lol

a fucking sweet night had by all of us lot! shame the high end sounded like a mess, but the bass was absolutely killing it! it was the 1st time id witnessed a valve sound even and i loved it!

that is how dnb should sound in every club! why settle for less when its just not good enough! :pimp:

Fucking wicked night loved every minit of it.

had to que for about an hour but got in there just as tech itch and dylan started which was a result.
The bar was a fucking joke i got on bottle of water when i got in and just went to the toilet to fill it up.
set of the night was prob tech itch and dylan for but goldie rinced it and so did dill.

i left about half way through andy C coz my ears were fucked and they still are.

All in all fucking brill night amazin club they just need to sort out the bar situation

sweet az said:
Fucking wicked night loved every minit of it.

had to que for about an hour but got in there just as tech itch and dylan started which was a result.
The bar was a fucking joke i got on bottle of water when i got in and just went to the toilet to fill it up.
set of the night was prob tech itch and dylan for but goldie rinced it and so did dill.

i left about half way through andy C coz my ears were fucked and they still are.

All in all fucking brill night amazin club they just need to sort out the bar situation

had to wear plugs the whole night. My personal fave set was Trace.

absoloutley loved the night I wasn't with my ususal D&B crowd, but I still made the most of it.
I think the track of the night for me was Fresh's outro I don't know what it was called but it had some cheeky conversation going on where a lady was saying 'Hi are you having a goodnight' & loads of other crazy stuff, Andy C dropped it b4 the soundsytem cut out!!
Frction was on fire all night, that was the first time I've heard him play out & I was not dissapointed by his selection of tracks.
I don't think I've ever had to fight so hard to keep my place on the dancefloor there was no room to manouvere my hips!!
Did any1 catch Keaton's set? I left just as the soundsystem got turned back on.
Only moan I've got about the place is where the bar is situated, you've got so many people from 10 different directions all pushing & scrambling to get a drink you have to either a.) try & ride the storm, or b.) walk 4 flights of stairs & go to the quietest bar on the top floor!! Crazy
SDM were you wearing the BreakNeck T-shirt?

Some of my photos are going in Knowledge Magazine and Undercover Magazine - Excellent :spliff:

Back
Top Bottom