The recommend SIRUS a new music production program thread

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
Got Logic Express on my mac, but it's bustin my friggin aggits i tells ya !

very limited, so i need new software. I have both Mac and a PC so its all good.

was just gonna buy Logic Pro for my mac, but someone recently offered Ableton Live v6 for windows....now i'm in two minds.

so i thought i'd look at all angles before i dive in.

any help and advice appreciated.

Get some demos and try them all mate :)

I use FLStudio and I love it!

yeah i started out on FLStudio and still have V4 on my PC but wanted a richer sound.

the latest version of fruity looks far more in depth though.

yeah i started out on FLStudio and still have V4 on my PC but wanted a richer sound.

the latest version of fruity looks far more in depth though.
Yeah FLStudio has improved greatly since v4.

Regarding getting a richer sound, Spor and Skream (Dubstep) use FLStudio and their sound is about as rich as you can get! Heavyweight.

a marimba. or timpansies, theyre pretty cool, in a shrewd farmer sort of way

hmmmmnnn, a marimba sound could fit well with my kazzoo based emo-dnb flavour i'm working on, chuck a bit of that african click lingo rap over it and i could be the next big hit.

:slayer:

hmmmmnnn, a marimba sound could fit well with my kazzoo based emo-dnb flavour i'm working on, chuck a bit of that african click lingo rap over it and i could be the next big hit.

:slayer:
Emo & Bass :slayer:

Its all about FL6 STANDARD! Fl7 just crackles on me i just havent been arsed to use it. im in desperate need of a good cheap sound card. Any way to give you an example go to www.myspace.com/djslick187, now, my tunes aint all that, yet. But check out the difference between get em and the rest of the tunes. get em was done on reason the rest on fruity loops i recently put a new tune on there that i done a few days ago its unfinished but the ideas there.

Last edited:
Its all about FL6 STANDARD! Fl7 just crackles on me i just havent been arsed to use it. im in desperate need of a good cheap sound card. Any way to give you an example go to www.myspace.com/djslick187, now, my tunes aint all that, yet. But check out the difference between get em and the rest of the tunes. get em was done on reason the rest on fruity loops i recently put a new tune on there that i done a few days ago its unfinished but the ideas there.

have started a track, haven't noticed any crackles yet, i'll see if the recording comes out well or not...to be honest i quite like FL as it's so easy to use, but i reckon i'll end up using a different prog.

Reason 3 or Ableton 6 maybe

if i had to choose logic/ableton
i'd get logic pro for that sound & tools you get , more to be a pro software than ableton
ableton still is an intuitive soft so you cab get your ideas comin up rel quick

if i had to choose logic/ableton
i'd get logic pro for that sound & tools you get , more to be a pro software than ableton
ableton still is an intuitive soft so you cab get your ideas comin up rel quick

Cheers mate, i think i agree.

i had a go of Ableton and i just cant get my head around it, strange set up and doesn't seem to be as good, although if i had started on Ableton maybe i would say the same about Logic...

i think the time i've had using Logic Express would be wasted if i changed now and learnt from scratch with a new format, so i'll probably have to upgrade to Pro 7.2. as i know my way around it.

just gotta find a well priced copy.:hagglers:

Back
Top Bottom