the recent shooting in america

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Apr 23, 2007.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

left me abit rattled actually, ive been looking at the manifesto sent out by the shooter and its creepy. you heard about this?

2. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

yea...it makes me wana leave this country to be honest. what happened to the days where ppl faught with fists!?!?!
    now you got kids getting bullied...slangin gats to school killing the inoscent?!?! wtf

any uk heads wana support a junglist?!??? (y)

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

was terrible, evil shit, but there seems to be a feeling of resignation about it, sorta like 'oh shit not again, well whats gonna change? nothin.'
    Its almost gotten to eye-rolling stage each time this happens in the USA, which is weird because Port Arthur (Aus) and Dunblaine (UK) were just as terible in terms of loss of innocent life.

4. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

Bush infuriated me...almost the first thing he said in response was 'it's every americans right to carry guns' or some shit...

what a fucking weasely maggot...the reason he doesn't care about the current gun laws is that he has round the clock protection...

Virginia Tech has a rule about not allowing guns, but when a guy was caught with one they couldn't prosecute because he had all the legal documents...

WAKE UP BUSH YOU MORON YOU'RE AIDING THESE NUTCASES !

5. Gumby

Gumby New Member

:word:
    but ours was over 10 years ago and our government took immediate action to prevent it from happening again.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  6. mesh

mesh Active Member

I differ. The government took immediate action to remove a fairly small proprtion of guns in circulation, from non-criminals, by means of a voluntary buy-back. They tightened access to some types of self loading gun, but people who are determined will get whatever, as Bryant proved.
    They didnt really do anything to address the fact that, or reasons why, our society produces animals like Martin Bryant, so there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will never happen again.

7. logikz

about gun control, in amsterdam we have block locks, means the police seal of an entire city block and go through the pockets of any one motherfucker in there, beleive me it gets stressful

8. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

THe sickest thing is it only took 3 days for the nasty jokes to be on the circuit about this....

9. logikz

10. Gumby

Gumby New Member

yeah fair enough i was only 10 when it happened so i dont know that much about it.

i guess the point i was trying to make is that we've only had one incident like this and america seems to have them quite frequently. which is why its at
    for outside observers cos the american govt seems to do nothing about it.

btw, i dont think people with mental illness are 'products of society'. most of them are born with a predisposition to the condition which can effect their lives. i think its possible for society to have a negative influence on them but society does not produce them.

11. mesh

mesh Active Member

Just trying to avoid the 'it could only happen in America' cliche. I also thought of Bryant as insane, but insanity was never used as a defence in court, and his IQ was around 60. His behaviour was just so cold people like to think he must have been stark-raving, but who knows ...

And mentally ill people can be a product of society, if society refuses to help them, or treats them in a way which worsens their problem. Theres no general agreement that these people are born defective. It can be brought on by abuse, both physical and mental.

Example: My aunt suffered from depression in the late 60s and was treated with intravenous LSD, which made her unable to cope with clinical treatment for a long time. That sounds extreme, but the same shit goes on nowadays with electro-shock therapy, isolation, and all sorts of drugs.

Part of my point is that we imagine these people to be so different from us, that they must be born evil, or insane, or both. But if we are ourselves some type of product of our society, as we all might claim on our National Day, then why is a mass murderer like Martin Bryant or Seung-Hui Cho somehow not?

12. Noxxus

Noxxus Master baiter

I really think the right to bear arms should be severely restricted. The fact that a mentally ill schoolkid was able to walk into a gun shop and purchase a lethal weapon, no questions asked

you can tell when i have a strong opinion, i use italics...

13. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Not on teh web ..mate ...down the pub

14. ThomW

ThomW Southsea In Full Effect

I wouldn't be surprised if he racked up a few posts on DOA.

15. Gumby

Gumby New Member

16. YOUNG TUNA

YOUNG TUNA IT'S ME BITCHES

fucked up shit :(