The Reason thread (share tips, tricks and methods)

ya guys check out the loki tutorial on thor (u tube theres a thread here somewhere with it) one of the best reason tutorials online imo, really opened up a lot of peoples eyes on how to get good sounds out of that synth ;)

yeah, i checkd those tutorials too, they were good stuff. thx.

i got that much man. I was meaning, like crazy pads, or your basses. How you make your patches? Or you just sample?

o and how would i make that bass synth off wheres my money by tc?

i got that much man. I was meaning, like crazy pads, or your basses. How you make your patches? Or you just sample?

o and how would i make that bass synth off wheres my money by tc?

mostly make patches with the malstrom synth
sum with subtractor, tryna get to no thor betta aswell

never used the nn-xt/19 before except for vocal samples an shit

i use a seperate redrum for each of my drum hits to eq em proper dunno if this is the way it shud be done but it works for me.

I did this until my laptop decided it didn't have the power to have so many redrums open, luckily at around about the same time I learnt the wonders of side chain/daisy chain. Now I have each of the 10 channels in redrum wired up to it's own eq and splitter (one side to delay, other side clean - into 2 different channels on the "drum" mixer)

It means that the rack doesn't need to be a long, but the wire takes a bit of time but once you done it once you can save it as a redrum template and ever new track just load that. I'll do you a screen shot of the back if you'd like but you can't tell much from it.

i use a seperate redrum for each of my drum hits to eq em proper dunno if this is the way it shud be done but it works for me.

You dont need to do this mate. You can just press the tab button on your keyboard to turn the machines around, and take out the wire from the redrum machine into the mixer, and link up each channel from the redrum into seperate channels into the main mixer. Like, theres 10 channels on a redrum, link 1 to the first channel on the mixer, then 2 to the second on the mixer, ten 3, etc.
Know what I mean?

You dont need to do this mate. You can just press the tab button on your keyboard to turn the machines around, and take out the wire from the redrum machine into the mixer, and link up each channel from the redrum into seperate channels into the main mixer. Like, theres 10 channels on a redrum, link 1 to the first channel on the mixer, then 2 to the second on the mixer, ten 3, etc.
Know what I mean?

yea i no but i always forget an just do wat im used to lol.
its a habit

just incase anyone doesn't know ctrl+C is copy and ctrl+V is paste, much easier to work on the sequencer than using ur mouse :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom