The Qemists... 19th November on Ninja Tune

Ninja_Phil

Hey guys, I'm writing from Ninja Tune to let you all know about this hot new band. Filthy d&b fused with rough guitar riffs, you're bound to love it.

"Drop Audio" finds the Qems hooking up their biggest, chunkiest piece of drum and bass yet, a flawless piece of next level production. Over it up-and-coming MC I.D. adds the definitve rock-d&b vocal. The result is pure all-knobs-to-11 energy, distinguished as usual by the Qems awesome drumwork and just the sheer scale and reach of everything they do.

The Qemists last outing, "Stompbox" was a huge success, garnering massive mainstream plays from the likes of Zane Lowe and Annie Mac while keeping the drum & bass fraternity buzzing with support from Pendulum, Chase and Status and Nightbreed. Mampi Swift, currently one of the biggest d&b DJs in the world has regularly opened sets with it.

As if that ain't enough, the Qems have now hooked up with one of the scene's other brightest hopes, Spor, to remix "Stompbox". The Lifted Collective member turns in a re-work that stands shoulder-to-shoulder with his "Supernova" EP. It's a tune which will be competing with "Drop Audio" all the way on the rewind front...

Drop audio? The Qemists have dropped the fuckin' bomb. Surrender or run...

The Qemists debut album and live band show are set for 1st half of next year, but vinyl and download available Monday the 19th November.

Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/qemists

Let me know what you think!

Later,

Phil

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom