The Public Drinking 'Scandel' ????!!!!??

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Feb 15, 2012.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

So, its finally here, after years of threats.. Cameron big bollocks has vowed to end binge drinking... By... You guessed it... Raising the price of beer.. Ahhh.. Nice and conveinient...

So basically, in one months time, a new law will be passed, saying if you wanna go out on the piss its gunna cost you 100 squid.. Uk is going to catch up and in some areas take over dublin type prices, so 5-6 quid a pint as of next month..

So the old vodaka filled 99p hip flask is gunna have to make its big comeback , few doubles then in the bin to save on a few squid..

It could get worse by the end of the year.. 6-7 quid a pint.. Pubs are gunna be shit eventually.. I remember just 5 years ago.. Friday after work, all the pubs packed with working men.. Saturday all day sesh.. All the pubs would be busy and itd always be a good general knees up... Now they are all either dead, or closed down completely..

R.I.P british pubs :( :lighter:

2. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

yeah all the locals in my area have gone from heaving to hardly a few, to changng hands names and chefs in an attempt to get business back.. went to one the other week, ona friday night there were less than 10 people in there.

and i heard somewhere stella and all other over 5% beers are being reduced to under 5%. and if the price goes up, im getting my home brew kit on

3. Fire starter

Fire starter Active Member

They haven't set a minimum price yet so don't panic too much.
    I'm sure it won't be a 5er per pint

4. Gumby

Gumby New Member

they did the exact same thing here about 2 years ago. the aim was to reduce under-age binge drinking, so they raised the price of pre-mixed drinks (vodka pops and burbon cokes etc).

the end result?

everyone stopped buying the premixed shite and started buying bottles of spirits and mixing drinks themselves... and everyone knows you get way more maggot when you mix your own drinks.

government fail!

5. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Its a fucking outrage, pretty much just shitting over english culture. No one has pubs like us.. Bars yes.. But not a good old fashioned log fire boozer. Fuck the people who think binge drinking is bad. These people in government need shooting. They are happy spending all there money on prescription drugs and prostitutes.. But wana make life or us mear mortals as expensive and shit as possible.

Smickus likes this.
  6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

^^ exactly.

I don't think we will see the heights of £5 a pint, reckon it will end up between £3.50-£4 personally.
    Its disgusting that as a taxpayer, my money pays for some sponging benefit thief who can enjoy their own leisurely activities at our expense.
    Yet the leisurely activities I wish to partake in, a few quiet beers or a whole night getting fully inebriated will cost more, when in reality the government should tax other necessities that don't affect the moral of a nation already kicked in the teeth by a second recession. fuckers. People unwind after a long day by having a quiet drink, and now the government is slowing taking it away by increasing prices further

Time to bring out the hip flask. Buy a coke/orange juice/lemonade and drink to your hearts content.

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

sounds pretty gay to me

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

standard round my ends... both london and back darn sarf at my rents

8. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

its shit man - why should we all have to pay more cos some tossers get rowdy when they get pissed.
    should give drunks heavy fines - ban em from the high st.
    always the way - some cunts always fuk it up for everyone else.

9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Same here, thats how Rigo and Smirnoff Ice vanished in the haze and all those shitty alcopops with wine entered the market.

10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

you all spent too long in essex. look my feet are not the same and they hurt under. what should i do with that

11. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

[​IMG]

12. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

13. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

Won't get to 5er a pint? Well, its nearly 4 quid most places I go down south .. So were not far off.. 2 pints for a tenner is bad times.. Used to be pound a pint in grimsby when I was growin up.. 10 carling colds.. 10 quid.. You could go out all day on a tenner and get twatted .. That's never happening again.. And its like were talking olden days shillings here like I'm a grandad.. Nah.. I'm talking 4-5 years ago.. As someone said, its killing the culture.. Just coz of a few 'binge' drinkers.. Fuck off.. Everyones always got pissed.. They just think they can create this 'scandel' and solve it with making us pay 100 on a night out instead of 60 its shit.. I feel sry for you armeds growing up.. When I was 18 all the little local pubs were packed with characters, always a good day saturday afternoon in town,dingy little pub, 1.50 a pint, smoking at the table, football on.. now there all wank... And none of you younguns are gunna experience it.. You'll go to pubs in the day and it'll be dead.. And its only gunna get worse.. Rip british pubs

14. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

i dont think this has alot to with binge drinkers. More tax reasons. Do you think the local "park pissheads" will drink less if a minimum unit price comes into effect? No i think it will just fuel more crime and drive honest drinkers from our pubs, thus the economy will suffer even more than the austerity measures already in place.

15. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

not fussed, done with alcohol anyway.

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yep... its true that british people just love a good ole booze up!

my grandad tells me stories of this place in dartford called the 16 pub mile or something like that... basicly him and his mates would start at pub one and drink a pint in each till they either passed out or got to the end...

my dad tells me stories of him as a yout (bearing in mind my dad is about the same age as most of my peers grandads) driving pissed as a fart, down the avenue in southampton, with his brothers in their pick up landy passing drinks between another landy filled with the rival darts / football / tug o war team they just beat / lost

aint nothing new

17. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

i lol'd

18. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

yeah i remember two pints of stella and change from a fiver

19. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yeah man.. old people are well brool

20. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

yeah, standard, they're always more brool than they get given credit for... and i imagined trying to drive down the avenue whilst pissed all the way from town to bassett... fuck that lol