The Prototypes sign exclusively to Viper

Lazysloth

Were they not signed exclusively to Shogun? Guess that expired, anyway this just in from the Viper newsletter.

2zedljk.jpg

Quite like a few of their tunes, "Abyss" and "Blackout" (could do without the vox on that one though) particularly. Don't know what this means for their output or if Shogun would be a better home for them. I know Viper haven't been putting out vinyl lately, as opposed to Shogun who have pressed their recent stuff, but there you go.

Well someone has to leave when you sign up two new young guns... apparently Dose and The Prototypes as it looks like. They anyway fit better to Viper. Not that I care for any of the tracks they released. :boobies:

Well someone has to leave when you sign up two new young guns... apparently Dose and The Prototypes as it looks like. They anyway fit better to Viper. Not that I care for any of the tracks they released. :boobies:

Dose is no longer exclusive either? I thought they were pushing for an album on SGN LTD?

Dose is no longer exclusive either? I thought they were pushing for an album on SGN LTD?

Nah it was just an odd way to say what he was trying to say. Dose was signed so Prototypes had to go is what I think he meant.

But this news is probably for the best. I never thought The Prototypes suited Shogun at all, and they fit Viper perfectly. Can't say I'm very interested to hear their output though.

They really didn't fit on Shogun at all. I usually dig their stuff but that last single they put out was wank. Interested to hear what they come up with on Viper.

Thank fuck they're gone from Shogun...Always were the most shameful signing...

Fourward, Joe Ford, Technimatic and Dose are much better signings...IMO

Dose isn't exclusive to Shogun ltd (just had his EP on Dutty, has the single on Ram, etc)

http://www.shogunaudio.co.uk/artists/dose

Exclusively Signed to SGN:LTD

His releases on Dutty & RAM were most likely done deals before he signed to SGN:LTD.
So they came out anyways, much like where Ulterior Motive signed exclusively to Headz but still had a few releases in the pipeline for Subtitles...DERP...

Last edited:
http://www.shogunaudio.co.uk/artists/dose

Exclusively Signed to SGN:LTD

His releases on Dutty & RAM were most likely done deals before he signed to SGN:LTD.
So they came out anyways, much like where Ulterior Motive signed exclusively to Headz but still had a few releases in the pipeline for Subtitles...DERP...
interesting...Chris Dose told me he wasn't. Was thinking it was more for his album...

friction is the reason shogun is where it is

Prototypes are always hit or miss for me, but I agree that most of their output would fit viper recordings better, interested to see where this goes

Subterrestrial was pretty sick

Everything else? Hmmmm, not so keen tbh

Oh yeah, how could I forget? That's easily their best.

I know that but his tunes are a joke. Not worthy of being released on the label if you ask me

His remix of RZOR was good but he basically just retooled the original. Only track I can remember liking is "Set It Off" and the flip, but that was with K-Tee anyway. Fair to say that his own stuff seems a bit out of place on Shogun, maybe he can sign to Viper to.

Back
Top Bottom