The Prototypes - City Of Gold - Release date and Tracklist

Dalek657

Debut album by The Prototypes, City Of Gold, finally gets its release date, and we also can have a glance on the tracklist. Only 3 previews are avalaible for the moment, but we’ll publish more of them as soon as possible.

Release Date: 18 May 2015
Catalogue Number: VPRLP010CD
Label: Viper Recordings

Tracklist:01) City Of Gold
02) Pop It Off (feat. Mad Hed City)
03) Under (feat. Ayak)
04) Kill The Silence (feat. Ayah Marar)
05) Abyss 2015
06) Edge Of Tomorrow
07) Fallen (feat. Donae’o)
08) Pale Blue Dot
09) Is It Love (feat. Laconic)
10) Don’t Let Me Go (feat. Amy Pearson)
11) The Journey Continues
12) Redose
13) Humanoid
14) Slip Away

Source - http://displace.audio/the-prototypes-city-of-gold-release-date-tracklist-revealed/

I've been out the loop for far too long...
I thought they were signed to shogun?

They switched to Viper about a year and a half ago now.

Also, a 2015 version of Abyss? How many times must this tune be redone?
Not really that excited about this album, but maybe this could have one or two good tracks.

Yh im hoping they gone inn on this

hard + fast is what they do best

so City of gold is pale blue dot , Kill the silence is Lights ... do they have any original sounding tunes on the album

I gotta say, as far as the more mainstream side of Drum & Bass goes....this is one of the better albums I've heard!

BIG UP to the Prototypes!

Pop It Off and Fallen are the only ones that interest me unfortunately. I was just expecting some bigger and more exciting sounds for the debut album of these guys.
It's strange but I think "insulting" is the most appropriate word to describe Kill The Silence, I thought the audio clips were just cut from a mix that contained "Lights" but nope, just got the B-side and added vocals. The sampling on some tracks like City Of Gold is cool though

I must say I've had high hopes for this album as I like The Prototypes from the day one and was almost sure they can pull off some big stadium tunes on this one. But the whole album just falls behind. First two tunes are great and those I'll bag, the rest is just weak. Also to have 4 tunes they've made in the last 2 or 3 years on the album is at the very least unnecessary.

Pop It Off and Fallen are the only ones that interest me unfortunately. I was just expecting some bigger and more exciting sounds for the debut album of these guys.
It's strange but I think "insulting" is the most appropriate word to describe Kill The Silence, I thought the audio clips were just cut from a mix that contained "Lights" but nope, just got the B-side and added vocals. The sampling on some tracks like City Of Gold is cool though

Yeah mate, pretty disappointing to see 6 recycled songs on a debut album. The rest are not bad at all but definitely do not make up for the rest that were released a long time ago. Bad move for Viper here unfortunately

EDIT: Edge Of Tomorrow (Dnb Mix) is fire. :P

Last edited:
Yeah mate, pretty disappointing to see 6 recycled songs on a debut album. The rest are not bad at all but definitely do not make up for the rest that were released a long time ago. Bad move for Viper here unfortunately

EDIT: Edge Of Tomorrow (Dnb Mix) is fire. :p
They're not "recycled tracks", they were and always have been album singles. That was stated since day 1 they signed with us. I don't know where these magical albums are which you've never heard a single track of before, I've yet to encounter one. o_O

They're not "recycled tracks", they were and always have been album singles. That was stated since day 1 they signed with us. I don't know where these magical albums are which you've never heard a single track of before, I've yet to encounter one. o_O

Interesting. I suppose you haven't been paying too much attention to how other labels release their artist's albums, right? Having a hard time trying to remember an album which would have 5 previously released (and by the time this is out at least 9 months old) tunes on it. I probably wouldn't say a word were those singles released throughout the first 4 or 5 months of 2015, but Humanoid/Don't Let Me Go is August 2014, Pale Blue Dot/The Lights is February 2014 and Abyss is as old as 2012. I was tempted to say this has Loadstar written all over it but at least they were sane enough not to include Link To The Past after 3 years on the album in the end.

Back
Top Bottom