The Prodigy

pandemonium

i know their not strictly dnb, but jesus christ they're good (only before fat of the land).
any one else agree?...

pandemonium said:
i know their not strictly dnb, but jesus christ they're good (only before fat of the land).
any one else agree?...

totaly man,i havent got n e of there albums either :rolleyes: i should go and buy 1

I thought fat of the land was just as cool as the the earlier albums!
Different, but the tunes are heavy as. (y)

They are suppose to come out with a new album soon. Apparently they've been saying this for a while and the rumor mill says that since that "babys got a gun....(or whatever that song was called)" got such a poor response they've rethought their release. Perhaps the next album will suck but I'll probably buy it anyway just as I bought their last one, which wasn't as bad as I heard it was from others. Clearly their last album was ment for the angst(sp) ridden MTV teenager crowd which is why it doesn't score much points with me.

Yeh apparently their new albums out in the summer. Liam Howlett has to be one of the best producers around.

I'm expecting it to be piss poor really due to their concetrating more on keith's hair than on the music. I hope they prove me wrong tho that'd cheer me right up to see them back on form

Prodigy owns.
Check out:
Prodigy Present 'The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One'
Mix of breaks and what not.
:lighter:

Its all about Ruff in the jungle for me...

This track got rinsed by Ratty & Slipmatt
at the big raves during the autumn/winter
of 92'

yeh they are heavy and their live show kicks ass, Fat of the Land and all albums was massive. Angst ridden? Didnt see anyone feeling angsty while jumping up and down listening to them play on a massive rig, like being shot out of a cannon ...
:tank:

Fat of the Land is great, really got me into the electronic scene, and their rerelease of The Experience, which was the B-sides and Remixes one, makes me smile every time i hear it. It's all about Jericho.. ;)

I've been listening to them long before I got into dnb. Liam Howlett has got to be one of the best producers in the world. Fat of The Land was wicked too by the way.
New album should be dropping the vocal lead and moving back to the beats, as Liam put it in recent interviews.

Boh. :slayer:

Spor said:
I've been listening to them long before I got into dnb. Liam Howlett has got to be one of the best producers in the world. Fat of The Land was wicked too by the way.
New album should be dropping the vocal lead and moving back to the beats, as Liam put it in recent interviews.

Boh. :slayer:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I USED TO BE THE BIGGEST PRODIGY FAN EVER!!!
(before crap of the land came out)

i seen them 3 times and have all their albums on vinyl....mmmmm lovely vinyl.

its all about the experience almum no doubt!!! cos thats where it all started. booo! im gonna send u to outa space!!!

check out 'kill tha dancer' (live ) on the experience album to get a taste of how they used to rock!!!! (im not just saying this but they used to make breakneck seem a bit relaxed)

then u have the jilted gen' album, which is the bollocks!!!! absolutetly!!!! check out no good, poison for pure dance floor mayhem!!!

that album got me into beats n bass, it was all down hill from there!

man i saw them at Reading rivermead centre (2000 capacity) way back before fat of the land came crashing out.

They killed it jumpin all over the place and going mad !!!! they had the whole stage dressed up as an oversized front room and they were jumping all over the couches and stuff!!!

the last time i saw em they were shit !!!!! cos they were playing the shite tunes from fat of the land. yes some of them were good tunes (ie. diesel power), and some of them were absolute shite ie. (fuel my fire)

check out the dirt chamber sessions for an insite into leam's twisted mind and look out for their new album where they return to the old beat lead style (half the album is vocal-less!!!)
also maxim's solo album was kinda cool too!

big up tha prodge (who i reckon got a lot of peeps inta dnb)

:devilslay :devilslay :devilslay :alf:

Back
Top Bottom