The ongoing debate in dnb

emy

VIP Junglist
...of CD Vs Vinyl

I was just wondering the other day if I am one of the few young dnb djs left who only wants to mix on vinyl? I dont see myself buying CDJs, not even in ten years time. I know people say you have to move with the times but the industry needs people like me who are going to stand back and say Im gonna stick with vinyl.

Its not the same when I mix on CD, Im a right vinyl head, I like the art of mixing :D

same here mate but im gettin fed up with digital only releases like the levela EP, i waited bout 2 years for that, for it too come out on mp3, things like this just drive me and everyone else to hoppin on the digi bandwagon and gettin rid of that heavy wax...

Since i've gone from techno (Serato) to Dnb (Real Vinyl) i don't think i'll ever change back. I still have my serato and use it sometimes at home but i miss the artwork, cratedigging, changing records all the time etcetc..
Problem too is you always have to fuck with installing serato behind the decks annoying the person who's playing.. The only time i'll use a CD once and a while is for free tracks or digital only's..

Just hope vinyl doesn't get even more expensive like it changed over the years..

I know the subject has been rinsed, its not really a debate just to say Im always going to DJ on vinyl

I know the subject has been rinsed, its not really a debate just to say Im always going to DJ on vinyl

Vinyl's dead bruv its all about mpfuckin3 now. Not even CD's too, memory sticks

im thinking of starting memory sticks vs CD's thread...

You didn't need to start a thread about this obviously, it feels lik there's a new one every week.
But really who cares what people are using, personally my ideal setup is two technics and two cdj's, I still buy loads of vinyl but for some of the tunes that won't have long shelf life, what's the point in owning it on wax when you can just play it on a cdj for less money.

When it comes to cdj's vs serato, it's cdj's ftw imo

i like djing on vinyl more than anything else. but theres no record stores where i live anymore (portsmouth) so i bought a set of cdj's :( there good but i prefer vinyl by a mile

why don't you order online than? We still have a few stores here but they are really expensive..

now that im going to university in a few weeks im tied for money and i have serato so i my plan is just to buy tunes on mp3 spin them on serato if i think they got good shelf life i buy them on vinyl for my collection. Saves money and supports people that keep it real.

Im into both, you will neva beat the feelin of mixin a tightly pressed curvy thin 12inch but then you cant beat havin mp3 brav.

choosin vinyl and mp3 is like sayin

im goin to have a wank over my cdj while fantasising about my decks

I was the same when i first started mixing... fuck cdjs all of that... as time goes on though the expense of buying vinyl..storing it and getting moody that the Ep you want so bad only got released digital..or the tune you want is on an EP full of tunes u hate, Sends you towards mp3s/cdjs. So i moved to serato i can still feel like im mixing vinyl but have the ease of being able to use mp3s

win win

...of CD Vs Vinyl

I was just wondering the other day if I am one of the few young dnb djs left who only wants to mix on vinyl? I dont see myself buying CDJs, not even in ten years time. I know people say you have to move with the times but the industry needs people like me who are going to stand back and say Im gonna stick with vinyl.

Its not the same when I mix on CD, Im a right vinyl head, I like the art of mixing :D

I guess i am the same.. but i have to use cd's as well because i play tunes that i get sent. im not cutting every tune i like that i get sent to dubplate. that is way to expensive. so i use a mixture of cds and vinyl.

i only buy vinyl.
im gunna get a cd deck so I can tease jump up tunes.

I dont like buying a lot of jump up on vinyl.
half of it isnt worth the plastic its pressed on

I felt like starting a topic, I havnt posted on here for a long time so I dont know about how much this has talked about

It is nice to be back!

I dont even spend a lot of vinyl, sometimes when Im in the record shop someone will come in and spend nearly £100 or so. I just buy a few I love and build my collection up that way, quality over quantity thats what I love about vinyl, not bothered about having all the new releases, spend a lot of time tracking down older tunes on vinyl and listening through the second hand selection.

Use what you're comfortable with/prefer.

In the context of the DNB scene, ignore what everyone else says, because if you're not using the same as them you're an idiot/cheat/anything else derogatory .

There's too much fuss about what format people use :sleep: ... Play me an interesting set on whatever you want, just make it creative, interesting and original.

For me it's a vicious circle, last year I didn't have space in my flat for turntables, so I used CDJs, which now means all my new tunes are on CD.

So now most of my sets are on CDs, so when playing out I only bring a few classics on vinyl, and buy new tunes as MP3s.

Even though I prefer vinyl, just don't have the space for turntables let alone hundreds of records

this argument can be resolved quickly..... do what the fuck you want mixing wise.. if your a bedroom dj then its all good and if you play out in clubs then usually they have the onsite set up to play vinyl or cd's so it dont really matter

Back
Top Bottom