Multi Genre The Official dnbforum Production Competition version 2016.2

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that used to have a hammer
VIP Junglist
Greeting lads and ladies!

It's that time of the year when we give the chance to our talented producers to show their skills and creativity with some great songs!

Dnbforum production competition version 2016.2 has finally arrived!

After consulting all the gods from different religious practices, we set up the theme for it: Video Game Soundtracks!

So, here are the rules:

1) The main objective of this compo is to have the producers to compose/mix/master a song based out on classical Video Game soundtracks. By classical games, we mean 70's, 80's and 90's video games only. This means that yes, you can make something out of Tetris for the GBA, and no you can't make something out of the last Call of Duty that was released this year. To ensure that first rule, please refer to this wikipedia list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_years_in_video_games

2) The genre, sub-genre, sub-sub-genre is entirely free for you to choose. You can make that hard hitting neuro out of Contra III soundtrack or a chilling ambient out of Chrono Trigger. Be creative!

3) Sample is allowed, also the use of midis from the original soundtracks. It MUST have at least one passage from a video game soundtrack. To make things a little bit easier, here's a great website with tons of video-games soundtracks midis:

http://www.vgmusic.com/

4) The compo will start officialy today 29th of july, 2016 and submissions should be delivered until 29th of september, 2016. So, you guys get exactly 62 days to create some great tunes!

5) The submissions will be judged by honorable members of our great forum, based on creativity, composition, mixing and mastering. We WILL check if the soundtrack chosen follow the rules, so please inform us what game your song was based of.

6) The winner will earn the righteous right to call himself the King of production and will win the internetz. As happened in past compos, we'd like the winner to explain how he made the song, so everyone can have an input on production (but this isn't limited to the winner only! the idea is to make people interact more and exchange experiences!)

Any doubts, feel free to ask here in this thread or via PM.

Let's make this happen! Good luck to all of you!

Youve probably got people to judge already, but if you want another set of ears then id be happy to! Im no veteran by any means, after winning the comp a while ago, ive now got upcoming releases on program, emcee and other labels, would be good to help out!

Youve probably got people to judge already, but if you want another set of ears then id be happy to! Im no veteran by any means, after winning the comp a while ago, ive now got upcoming releases on program, emcee and other labels, would be good to help out!

That would be very nice of you, mate! Gonna add ya to the convo so we can set this.

1ekk5x.jpg

Put me down as a maybe

I have a few other musical things I want to finish which I'd put ahead of this but if I get the time I will... 60 days is a long time

Put me down as a maybe

I have a few other musical things I want to finish which I'd put ahead of this but if I get the time I will... 60 days is a long time

60 days is the time needed to get the most people to participate in the compo, man. I hope you can make something and submit as well!

Back
Top Bottom