THE NEW SET UP.

Looking good man :)

A good thing to do if you wanted to try and get the best possible positioning of ur monitors is: Get a mate round, attacth a piec of string or something like that to the monitor and get ur mate to hold the monitor and you the other end of string.

You stand in the middle of the room, and get ur mate to move round you in a circle holding the speaker. You will hear the difference in sound in different areas of the room and can then chose the best possible place to make ur set up ;)

failing that, crack on!! hahahahahahaha

long i know but kool!

Looking good man :)

A good thing to do if you wanted to try and get the best possible positioning of ur monitors is: Get a mate round, attacth a piec of string or something like that to the monitor and get ur mate to hold the monitor and you the other end of string.

You stand in the middle of the room, and get ur mate to move round you in a circle holding the speaker. You will hear the difference in sound in different areas of the room and can then chose the best possible place to make ur set up ;)

failing that, crack on!! hahahahahahaha

long i know but kool!

you r either a genious or just mad

you r either a genious or just mad

hahahahahaha

Na man i was told to do this by a bloke who was my mentor for a while. he was a sound engeneer and also a vinyl pressing plant worker for a bit back in the day :)

haha nice man looks savage!!! im jealous!

n yeh he is right, u want the tweeters at about ear level if i rember rightly, u hear the sound better, clearer and sharper :) not sure where the best posistioning is tho! trial n error ;)

The manual states 1m is the optimal range - they should form an equilateral triangle with your head, each point as far from the others. Not happening in my setup though, they're too much apart and that broadens the stereo image too much and may introduce phase problems.

i am stuck for space unfortunately. gotta keep it compact. will just have to sit back for checking.
monitors were 250, soundcard 100. laptop 300, small keyboard 55.
The second screen is a hd tv that i used to play xbox on.
BRRRRROCK OUT!

haha standard, i'm about to weld together a proper sturdy studio workstation table complete with a monitor/screen/monitor space, 4U rack space, rectractable keyboard/mouse level and a place for the pc mainframe.....

Just havent got the welding equipment nor the material!

...but a good plan is half the battle eh?

hahahahahaha

Na man i was told to do this by a bloke who was my mentor for a while. he was a sound engeneer and also a vinyl pressing plant worker for a bit back in the day :)

yeah i do similar thing with my subs.
when im setting up my stereo i tend to put the sub in the opposite corner to the sofa i sit at so i can get the purr sound from the sub.

it saves having to turn the sub right up to get the best sound

haha standard, i'm about to weld together a proper sturdy studio workstation table complete with a monitor/screen/monitor space, 4U rack space, rectractable keyboard/mouse level and a place for the pc mainframe.....

Just havent got the welding equipment nor the material!

...but a good plan is half the battle eh?

do it mate. when i qualify as a nurse i'm getting a house with a small bedroom that i can pad out and sound treat. At the moment i have a cabinet behind me with loads of glasses in. fuckers shake when i get the subbass on the go. I don't make gentle tunes either. Every tune is a glass rattler

Back
Top Bottom