the new KRK rp10's ??

_MILLA

Flamboyant muthafucka
VIP Junglist
http://www.krksys.com/krk-studio-monitor-speakers/rokit/rokit-rp10-3.html

859pound ? anyone heard them yet ?

Was just about to buy a krk package.. 700 quid for the rp8's and the 10s sub...
now i dont know what to do!!

anyone got an opinion on these new krks ? are they THAT GOOD, or would the sub and rp8s be just as impressive?

i dont wanna spend an extra 150 odd quid unless its gna be worth it!

http://www.krksys.com/krk-studio-monitor-speakers/rokit/rokit-rp10-3.html

859pound ? anyone heard them yet ?

Was just about to buy a krk package.. 700 quid for the rp8's and the 10s sub...
now i dont know what to do!!

anyone got an opinion on these new krks ? are they THAT GOOD, or would the sub and rp8s be just as impressive?

i dont wanna spend an extra 150 odd quid unless its gna be worth it!

Indeed sir, the KRK's are that good. Honestly, I would go with a pair of KRK6 and the KRK10 sub. KRK's are the best in their class simply for their flat response. You don't want monitors that add "boosts" or color to your sound because then it becomes an issue of mixdown inaccuracy's. And if your looking to save on dropping a lot of cash at once, check out zzounds.com. They offer 4 payment installments (no strings attached, no credit check) on all their products $250 and up. I've bought about 3/4 of my gear through them.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

i cant be sure, since i haven't heard the 10s. but don't forget to double check the overall dimensions - my 8s eat up damn near my whole desk. those 10s look way bigger.

Indeed sir, the KRK's are that good. Honestly, I would go with a pair of KRK6 and the KRK10 sub. KRK's are the best in their class simply for their flat response. You don't want monitors that add "boosts" or color to your sound because then it becomes an issue of mixdown inaccuracy's. And if your looking to save on dropping a lot of cash at once, check out zzounds.com. They offer 4 payment installments (no strings attached, no credit check) on all their products $250 and up. I've bought about 3/4 of my gear through them.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

Thanks mate, i think the 8's and the sub look good to me, ive heard the 8's and thought they were incredible!!

Its typical they release a new model when im just about to buy the old one lol!! bastards!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

i cant be sure, since i haven't heard the 10s. but don't forget to double check the overall dimensions - my 8s eat up damn near my whole desk. those 10s look way bigger.

THIS. Ive seen a pic of the whole collection with the 5's on the inside and the new 10's on the outside... They look HUGE! about 22" tall i think :o

what about mackies, genelec or focals? im not a fan of drivers over 6" or so, unless their in a serious (atc, pmc, etc) set of speakers and a good room.

Oh yea and i haven't heard them yet. so am reserving judgement a little

What would you guys recommened ?
The RP 6's / 8's with the KRK sub ?

Ive heard the 6's would be better with the sub!! i dont know great deals on what would be better so some help would be great!!

I've always found KRK's to have an overly enhanced low end myself.
Wicked for listening, but not so hot for mixing/mastering imho where you end up compensating all the time. Been there; done that.

I've always found KRK's to have an overly enhanced low end myself.
Wicked for listening, but not so hot for mixing/mastering imho where you end up compensating all the time. Been there; done that.

really? i feel like my 8s are lacking enough low end that i'm gonna get the sub.

best thing to do is check the response curve (does it have troughs/peaks in weird places?) aim for the flattest you can afford! (if you want them for producing)

Back
Top Bottom