The new Dog on Acid

dscpotts

Hi there,

For thos eof you that aslo use DOA you will know they recently upgraded the webside, i say upgraded, whatever they have done has completly ballsed it up for me.

If i go to DOA now it opens as normal, but it i try to navigate around the main board, i get the old circle cursor, and then if i try to click on any threads, the screen goes grey and i have to shut down explorer.

Ayone experiencing anything like this, and if so have you resolved it?

cheers

Most browsers seem shit with the new DOA. I'm using chrome and it takes ages to do anything on that site now. Maybe they should lay off that damn acid!

It's abysmal in its current state

Such a shame. It'll be like a ghost town in a MONTHS time
Fixed. Ya it's really terrible. Such a mismanaged website. Look at DNBA and how well they've branded themselves as a company with the DNBA albums, D&BTV, etc. (despite having a HORRIBLE forum). DOA on the other hand has lived off of the popularity of the forum, which now that its fucked everyone is gonna start going on there less and less. I remember a few years back when you could start a thread and literally within a few minutes it was on the second page, there were that many posts/replies to other topics.

...And i've never understood when websites don't work people suggest "try a different browser". No I'm not switching browsers just because one website is a piece of shit. Does that make sense to anybody?

Brool-Story-Co.jpg

Fixed. Ya it's really terrible. Such a mismanaged website. Look at DNBA and how well they've branded themselves as a company with the DNBA albums, D&BTV, etc. (despite having a HORRIBLE forum). DOA on the other hand has lived off of the popularity of the forum, which now that its fucked everyone is gonna start going on there less and less. I remember a few years back when you could start a thread and literally within a few minutes it was on the second page, there were that many posts/replies to other topics.

...And i've never understood when websites don't work people suggest "try a different browser". No I'm not switching browsers just because one website is a piece of shit. Does that make sense to anybody?
Too true. I hardly ever check out the forum on DNBA but regularly tune into DNBTV as well as checking the other content on the site

I really hope the DOA tech boffins can turn it around and return it to its former glory but at the moment it doesn't look too good

Never really been a fan of doa, some great threads but its generally over-run by jebends complaining about everything and being overly critical on music to the point that would make a Guardian reader reach for the bleach

Ironically, having a shit update of the site has given them something else to moan about, so happiness is restored

loading DOA using IE8 just makes it crash...

Firefox it keeps on freezing

and it looks like chrome it takes ages to load?

noice

Never really been a fan of doa, some great threads but its generally over-run by jebends complaining about everything and being overly critical on music to the point that would make a Guardian reader reach for the bleach
True. There are too many trolls on DOA currently

Biggest problem on doa when they switched the sites was the login & loading problems. Both the problems seem to be solved IMO. I work with FF (work) and Safari (home) both are loading much faster then 1-2 weeks ago. Threads are still going stuff is pretty fast on 2nd page. I wouldn't pronounce it dead already...
DOA is still and will be a good source for mixes, news, interviews, releases and my first draw when I want to find out whats new in the dnb circus and have a few laughs. (y)

Back
Top Bottom