THE NEW BREAKS X-CHANGE THREAD

Discussion in 'Production' started by Sammy Dexcell, Feb 19, 2013.

1. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Slice them up yourself and import each sample manually: what fruity slicer does is only a shortcut to the usual way of doing it.

2. Blightning

Blightning New Member

Appreciate the help man, turns out i just needed to tweak a little bit the low&high treshold auto slicing.

3. Pocket

Pocket New Member

4. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

With any/every wav based break add it to the slicer then click on the tool that looks like a stanley blade with a line next to it or something, a drop down menu will appear , i tend to always hit medium slicing and if its done it wrong i manually do it. Slice x is much better/accurate

5. torridGristle

torridGristle New Member

6. xkernel

xkernel New Member

7. Rewound

Rewound Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

I'm looking for a high quality version of "James Taylor and The Flying Machine - Knocking 'Round the Zoo" break.

Anyone got it or know where I can snag it?

9. Must0

Must0 New Member

Know One likes this.
  10. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

Holy shit, someone replied!! Thanks so much mate, you made my fucking day. Can't wait to get home to download it and check it out.

We're did you get it if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering if it's in some dope brakes pack im in need of.... Or if it was in your personal collection of brakes.

11. Must0

Must0 New Member

This one is from my personal collection, i might have the CD sumwhere as well...might need sum time to find it tho

12. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

The whole James Taylor & The Original Flying Machine CD?

13. Must0

Must0 New Member

Dont seems to be able to find it again man, i think i had that 1996 reissue....if it reappears one day then...hope that one is fine for you

14. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

Oh it's perfect man, thanks. Wasn't sure if you meant you had the whole album, or if there was some breaks collection with it in there you had.

Thanks again.

15. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

I'm looking for a good copy of the "New Apocalypse- Get Out Of My Life Woman" break. There seems to be a few versions of the song, one also buy Allen Toussaint (guess a few people covered the song, which all seem to have a break for the intro), but I need the New Apocalypse version.

On another note, I'd love any other sweet brakes that have good shuffles and ghost snares. I've got a ton of breaks, but not really much I like anymore or seem to particularly useful in making the driven neuro or dance floor style drums I'm trying to make.

If anyone knows of a breaks pack that loaded with amazing breaks I just just can't live without.... I'd love a link to that as well.

16. Must0

Must0 New Member

The New Apocalypse version might be the best (DJ Muggs, Lord Finesse, Chuck D........) alongside the less famous John Schroeder one
    If you're looking for a good quality of this break you might consider buying the LP and sample it yourself, if you're willing to pay 50 to 150$ for a OG copy....
    This one never been reissued from what i know...the break should be on some compilations somewhere....Sorry i have no clue which ones

BUT you can get this great one from FTB

"Stainless Soul" is a f* dope instrumentals LP, drums mix is amazing...not just a record for sampling imo

17. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

I found a post on gearslutz where a guy posted breaks of all the various versions\covers of the song, plus a battery sound bank of the individual drum chops. Obviously the download link was long dead by the time I found it.... But I asked and someone threw up a download of all the breaks. I'm not sure if they were sourced individually, or from one of the various artists "get out of my life, woman!" compilations (like the basement records one).

But enough chitchat, here's the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49822775/Get Out Of My Life, Woman.zip

These breaks are fucking gold man! So stoked to get them. Let me know if the link dies and I'll throw one up. Mad props to Bender412 (whoever you are) from gearslutz for dropping the link.

18. xkernel

xkernel New Member

On Facebook there is a group called "Wavshare". I can definetily recommend it!!

19. Morah

Morah Active Member

Cheers for the breaks, so many to go through.. :D

20. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

definitely check out the "get out of my life, woman!" breaks pack I threw up a few posts above this one. You recognize some (if not all) for sure.... been used in DnB, old hip-hop, and just about everything break related. Think one was the backbone of a Cypriss Hill track, could be wrong though. I'm not a master breaks ID'er by far.