The Never Ending Mc Debate!

LIKKLE_YOUT

i have something to add

should mc's start focusing on more hip hop oriented lyrics & style to appeal to a larger crowd.

a lot of ppl are sick of the rolling tongue jibberish..

wahyasay?

:gpeace:

I think it's down to tastes, the MC's I like, I like them just the way they are.

GQ, SP, and I dont mind Moose (depending on how talkative he is)

The ones I've picked, IMO, arn't really the "hibba hobba piddy diddy" type.

LIKKLE_YOUT said:
so how bout saying something slightly relevant..? :shrug:

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say it was irrelevant..

Not really too bothered about the delivery or subject of the lyrics, cos you can't hear a word they're saying anyway..

They just need to know when to shut up. It should be all about adding to the music and hyping the crowd subtly rather than all this 'bidabidabidabida' shit..

But Shabba's wicked just for the comedy value..

Neurotoxin said:
It should be all about adding to the music and hyping the crowd .

yes.

more so about hyping up the crowd, like GQ, Fearless (sometimes), L Natural from toronto, i like Ecksman's style of flowing
it's just when mc's try to take the whole show by rhyming on and on that gets on my nerves, it's not about that, the best example of this i can think of was a Det over Andy C set i heard on the arena....det was so loud and never shut up for 4 seconds, that it made me not enjoy the set at all and ended up making the set sound like shit, and i've never not enjoyed an andy c set.

Neurotoxin said:
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say it was irrelevant..

Not really too bothered about the delivery or subject of the lyrics, cos you can't hear a word they're saying anyway..

this is exactly what i'm talking about....if they were to slow shit down and spit more on the hip hop tip, more ppl would be able to understand them

They just need to know when to shut up. It should be all about adding to the music and hyping the crowd subtly

agreed.

But Shabba's wicked just for the comedy value..

can't argue with you on that one, shabba probably sucks dick for coke

I also reckon (IMHO) that mcs laying down rhymes over a studio mix just sounds fucking shite. It should be a live only thing..

Even on the radio you can get away with it, cos the listener can appreciate that it's live even though they are listening at home or in their cars or whatever..

Listening to a CD, for instance that ATM one with friction and IC3, disregarding the fact that the levels are totally out of proportion, it just sounds so false. Bigging up the DJ, but to who? Some dude sitting in his room. He know's who the fuck he is listening to already..

There is a time and a place..

mcs need to remember that they are most definetely second to the drum n bass...no one would rave if there were just mcs...so they should let the music the talking no matter what their style is! :)

sub vibes said:
mcs need to remember that they are most definetely second to the drum n bass...no one would rave if there were just mcs...so they should let the music the talking no matter what their style is! :)
Innit!

The MC that's on the latest Twisted Individual set (I think!) says, as part of his MC chat, "without an MC, the rave can go on, with no DJ, there is no rave".

Must big him up :thumbsup:

sdm said:
The MC that's on the latest Twisted Individual set (I think!) says, as part of his MC chat, "without an MC, the rave can go on, with no DJ, there is no rave".

bloody hell thats a first!! nice one though :thumbsup:

sdm said:
Innit!

Must big him up :thumbsup:

Yeah man that's pretty wicked, glad to see someone with their head screwed on right!

fakin 'ell...a MC with a brain..rare indeed...
gotta big up Talli..on a set i've got its her and Bailey, and at the end she sais pretty much the same:
"You can shout for me**crowd cheers** but there wouldbe noting to cheer bout without Bailey"

:thumbsup:

GorDo said:
fakin 'ell...a MC with a brain..rare indeed...
gotta big up Talli..on a set i've got its her and Bailey, and at the end she sais pretty much the same:
"You can shout for me**crowd cheers** but there wouldbe noting to cheer bout without Bailey"

:thumbsup:

Yes yes, this is entirely what I am talking about..

And I have to say that at the end last friday at full cycle night, when there was a technical hitch and the tunes had to stop for a couple of minutes, she was rhyming over total silence just to keep the vibe flowing. That, to me, is what it's all about..

Back
Top Bottom