THE NATIONAL DRUM AND BASS AWARDS 2010 - 27TH FEB 2010 - B'HAM

they over sell the event so you cant rave your face off because if you move your hand an inch your already in someone elses zone
if you go too much to the back all the music is absorbed by everyone's bodies

lets hope alix perez isnt going to be as bad

Drum And Bass Awards Ticket i bought a ticket online at ticket seller in selly oak and when i got to the door some one had used my name and number and must verified with my post code. I could prove who i was was as i had my id my email and my text but made no diffrent i think single ticket that were ordered were cloned and sold again did anyone else experince this ??????

thought it was gonna be a crap night... but it really suprised me!
i think cuz i thought it was gna be shit i was pleasantly suprised
great pre ceremony set from andy c! he looked like he was havin a proper good night aha!
seriously though, the lack of liquid and tech is unforgivable. saw goldie drop some metal headz tech which made me happy :D though his mixing was a little off at times?
missed marky, sure it would have been a good set.
sad to see netsky get 2nd place twice, but liquids always gna take 2nd place isnt it
really should get a weekender for this shit, and fully appreciate the genre as a whole!
bit weird without the medbar marquee too, but thats just cuz that place feels like home. wondering where next years events gna be, reckon itll stay at custard?

thought it was gonna be a crap night... but it really suprised me!
i think cuz i thought it was gna be shit i was pleasantly suprised
great pre ceremony set from andy c! he looked like he was havin a proper good night aha!
seriously though, the lack of liquid and tech is unforgivable. saw goldie drop some metal headz tech which made me happy :D though his mixing was a little off at times?
missed marky, sure it would have been a good set.
sad to see netsky get 2nd place twice, but liquids always gna take 2nd place isnt it
really should get a weekender for this shit, and fully appreciate the genre as a whole!
bit weird without the medbar marquee too, but thats just cuz that place feels like home. wondering where next years events gna be, reckon itll stay at custard?

man the sound in space2 was fucking aweful... couldnt appreciate any of the music in there cos it sounded like it was being played in another room

15025_366619825198_12313650198_5325373_1129183_n.jpg

Great place for the CDJ's

well what can i say.... utterly dissapointed on the whole with the night.
Space 2 had shit sound on the whole, subfocus' set what i heared was dissapointing, pretty much every1 cained jump up, apart from marky, marquee was in some kind of gravel pit and now my jeans and trainers r covered in more shit than usual, cloakroom was a joke and the Queues there clashed with 2 big sets, friction and andy C were on at pretty much the same time...
Highlights:-
Queues to get in werent bad at all, decent parameters so nothing bottle necked u were stood w8ing to get in anywhere, SS (who ive never heared before) played a banging set with loads of tunes i aint heared before, blame got lost on his way out lol.

probably missed some stuff but im knackered as ive just got in, so meh :P

My thoughts are pretty much same as you. I couldnt find jump up room i missed sub zero, jaydan pleasure etc... Was looking forward to seeing them. I couldnt even find clock room lol. That gravel was ficking joke my trackies and trainners are covered in muck and crap. One good thing is i didnt see any trouble. They need to have Awards back at Que Club. I went there in 08 awards. That was heavy.

My thoughts are pretty much same as you. I couldnt find jump up room i missed sub zero, jaydan pleasure etc... Was looking forward to seeing them. I couldnt even find clock room lol. That gravel was ficking joke my trackies and trainners are covered in muck and crap. One good thing is i didnt see any trouble. They need to have Awards back at Que Club. I went there in 08 awards. That was heavy.

ahhhh man the gravel wasnt that bad... usually in the med bar marquee the floors covered in fuck off puddles! gravel beats puddles. i wore my boots anyway... not a problem!

How did DJ Sly win best breakthrough producer? His tracks are terrible! Who voted for him???

It was a good night but had nothing on last years awards, my biggest problem was that the majority of the decent DJ's were all over by space 2 and made missioning to med bar and the kitchen compltley pointless (only felt like half the venue was being utilised)- Im guessing the lil hidden away room (where jaydan, ckb etc were) is the new 'Secret room' and that the marquee is the 'Arches' that the custard factor website mentioned in the revamp news.

The other thing that pissed me off was the lack of set times- I never knew when anybody was on, the only reason i saw Andy c was because it was the first room we went in and luckily happened to be there when he started (And even then i did think much of his set-nothing in comparison to his Westfestset), didnt find out till later he clashed with friction n all :/

It wasnt a bad night, but definately could've been alot better- youd of though they mightve put a bit more effort into it considering its 'National Drum and Bass Awards"

:/

I had a good night, spent most of my time in the warehouse!
Andy C's set was disappointing I thought but Hype and Dillinja/LemonD smashed it.
The warehouse floor was covered in utter shit... puddles, bottles, drugs, fags, sick, booze etc etc...

Back
Top Bottom