The Naga Viper

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by greddie, Dec 4, 2010.

1. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

The Naga Viper, the latest claimant to the worlds-hottest-chili-pepper crown, outdistances its predecessor, the Bhut Jolokia, or "ghost chili," by more than 300,000 points on the famous Scoville scale of tongue-scorching chili hotness. Researchers at Warwick University testing the Naga Viper found that it measures 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale, which rates heat by tracking the presence of a chemical compound. In comparison, most varieties of jalapeƱo peppers measure in the 2,500 to 5,000 range -- milder than the Naga Viper by a factor of 270.

You might think the Naga Viper would hail from some part of the world with a strong demand for spicy food, such as India or Mexico. But the new pepper is actually the handiwork of Gerald Fowler, a British chili farmer and pub owner, who crossed three of the hottest peppers known to man -- including the Bhut Jolokia -- to create his Frankenstein-monster chili.
    "It's painful to eat," Fowler said. "It's hot enough to strip paint." Indeed, the Daily Mail reports that defense researchers are already investigating the pepper's potential uses as a weapon.

But Fowler -- who makes customers sign a waiver declaring that they're of sound mind and body before trying a Naga Viper-based curry -- insists that consuming the fiery chili does the body good.

"It numbs your tongue, then burns all the way down," he told the paper. "It can last an hour, and you just don't want to talk to anyone or do anything. But it's a marvelous endorphin rush. It makes you feel great."

[​IMG]

2. Monkey spasm

Monkey spasm Member

So that farmers saying it will burn your eyes out and causes paralysis but will make you feel great? Do want.

3. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

Heard about this the other week.Gonna get me some as i love the Dorset Naga....HOTNESS!

4. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Have you seen videos on youtube of people eating the Bhut Jolokia?

60 minutes of excruciating pain!

6. mikey-bizzle-08

mikey-bizzle-08 WASTEMAN!

I love spicey food so i would love 2 try a bit of that! I would prob die though

7. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I'm rinsing out my stock of Scotch Bonnets and Dorset Naga's, these are the next step up for me i think.

Can't wait to try one, but not looking forward to it leaving my body ;o)

8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  9. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

This is the video I was going on about. Rocking back and forth because of the intense pain in his gut.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  10. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i think its quite funny how the chilly ages him! clearly hes an old geeza, but he looks pretty good for his age before the chillie, and post chillie, he looks about 10 years older :D

11. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

Ate a a raw naga viper and some sauce back at the chilli fest in Wales (Holiday lol) was seriously tasty, took me a few days to get the taste back in my tongue after that festival, was just beer and chilli the entire day :D

12. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Haha. Funny video. Love the way he tried to 'meditate' it off. Hippy n00b fag lol.x

The house he's at looks fuckin palacial too. Wish I could get me some of that good old hawaiian paradise!