The "My town is flooding" thread

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by evol4276, Jun 28, 2006.

1. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

Its's been raining only maybe 3 days straight here, yet I have never seen this area flood like this. The bad thing is that there is still at least 2-3 more days of heavy storming.. here are some pictures of the creek that is about a hundred feet from my house (fyi there is a road that is to the right of the creek, yet it cannot be seen) btw I appologize for the blurry pictures.. I took them kinda quick

Attached Files:

2. evol4276

more

Attached Files:

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

jeez man, I have never been in a flood myself. maybe time to climb on the roof dude

4. evol4276

bah my room's upstairs.. i culd always stay up there and be fine haha

5. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

My home city used to flood nearly every day before the tidal barrier was built. Hull is marshlands, and built on top of a massive river, so floods have always been part of everyday life there. Its only been maybe 7/8 years since the tidal barrier was built so.

6. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

My city was flooded about 10 years ago, it sucks doesn't it... :thumbsd:

7. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:word:

Unlucky bro :-/

Keep on the pics though (y) :teeth:

8. apples

apples WINNER is back ;)

hey good luck with that eek!

you couldnt give us some? we're going through some crap drought!

9. evol4276

yea so have we.. and I bet that their going to say that we are still in one.. christ we're always in one even after it rains an assload around here, I dont get it

10. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

What part of PA you live in? Funny shit last night... My wife went down to the basement to make a drink at the bar... No water on the floor... (I just spent about 3 months building a channel around the basement walls to let the water run to the outside of the basement and into the sump whole) Worked great... I go down there an hour later... and the floor has about 2 inches of water.. Here the damn power strip that the sump pump was plugged into went out... So I replaced that and it sucked all of the water out in about 5 min... If I wouldnt have gone down there when i did that shit would have been deep.. When I built that channel I drilled all of the cinder blocks down by the floor so that there would be no pressure build up inside the block and the water could run out freely.... oh how quickly the water pumped in through those holes..

11. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

i never have this problem. i live right on top of a hill.

hope the weather changes soon though, mate. in the meantime, definitely get up on that roof. :)

12. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

heard about this ( I work for an American logistix company at present ) get some water wings Bwooooooyyyyyyyy :gpeace:oh yeah and this might b useful too :towelie: :sadbana:

13. evol4276

we live pretty much between Lebanon and Reading.. lower central PA. We were unlucky Monday night when it was raining.. freakin was up here and heard my mom bitching about somehting, only later to find out that we had 2 or so inches of water down in my basement, and that the sewer was backed up (a.k.a. no bathroom for a few hours haha) This was around 9:30-10 at night mind you. Then she decided to look for the number for the local fire company, only to find that it was nowhere to be found in the 3 phonebooks we had. We finally found it only and were told theere wasn't anything they could do for us and that we were basically fucked for the night, but luckily the water slowed down and emptied out of the basement somehow in the next half an hour, and all was said and done. It's nothing but sunshine today, which means the weatherman lied once again. But I have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the week here, and what'll happen to the area haha

14. evol4276

15. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

haha.. yeah i heard that the waste treatment plants were under water around that area... I live just north of harrisburg.... Thats gotta be sick as hell.. Lets put two and two together... Waste treatment plants are usually open ponds.. now if there are under water that means there is shit floating everywhere ...... EWWWWW!!!! :puke:

16. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

oh shit evol for a nightmare. hope it doesnt reach your house.

17. mesh

mesh Active Member

I saw these floods on the news last night, looks bad. all up and down the east coast :sadbana:

18. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

yeah, this even got into our local paper. there's a picture of Bloomsburg Airport, Pennsylvania, and all the planes are crammed together onto a tiny patch of land, surrounded by water. unlucky...

19. bbjohnson420

bbjohnson420 Member

Its not as bad as it was 2 years ago... That was bad... Flood stage is 17 feet in harrisburg.. this week it was at 20.5 feet... Two years ago 25 feet...