the move to digital.

This is ridiculous. Beat matching is about 10% of dj'ing. If somebody has the dance floor jumping, keep it up. I don't give a shit if they're using sync or pre pitched vinyl. You guys realize cdjs have accurate bpm counters nowadays, right?

2 of the best sets I heard recently were from Machinedrum and Amit. Machinedrum played on a fucking iPad and Amit doesn't even bother wearing headphones anymore.

i can get 100% on expert on sweet child o mine... sounded fucking wkd m7

This is ridiculous. Beat matching is about 10% of dj'ing. If somebody has the dance floor jumping, keep it up. I don't give a shit if they're using sync or pre pitched vinyl. You guys realize cdjs have accurate bpm counters nowadays, right?

2 of the best sets I heard recently were from Machinedrum and Amit. Machinedrum played on a fucking iPad and Amit doesn't even bother wearing headphones anymore.

Beat matching is the foundation of which everything else is built upon. Fuck it if we're gunna use sync we might as well simulate football matches and f1 racing as well.

- - - Updated - - -

i can get 100% on expert on sweet child o mine... sounded fucking wkd m7

I missed one note on nothing else matters. On the easy bit

In the thread about Andy C your blaming him for using Traktor, and here your all in for "Dj's" using the sync button?
I'm confused..

I wonder if dj's without headphones are actually having fun.
If your not beatmatching then what are you supposed to do behind the decks/laptop?
I once saw a House dj without headphones and he was mostly busy with walking around, smoking, drinking, chatting and every five minutes pushing a few buttons. Is this the future of DJ-ing?
Dj's using digital equipment I can totally understand but DJ's without wearing headphones scares me.

In the thread about Andy C your blaming him for using Traktor, and here your all in for "Dj's" using the sync button?
I'm confused..

I wonder if dj's without headphones are actually having fun.
If your not beatmatching then what are you supposed to do behind the decks/laptop?
I once saw a House dj without headphones and he was mostly busy with walking around, smoking, drinking, chatting and every five minutes pushing a few buttons. Is this the future of DJ-ing?
Dj's using digital equipment I can totally understand but DJ's without wearing headphones scares me.

using traktor, serato etc, does`nt mean you use the sync button, you mix like you normally would, automatic beat matching does`nt work and never will

no dj software, picks up and marks the true 4/4 loop regions either, which make its harder for them to work out the bpm of any tune

Last edited:
Fuck, I really don't know what to think about this. I did know that some big names pre-pitch their CDs but didn't know it was that common. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for this on nights out.

I have more of a problem with cue points on laptops, rather than the sync button. For me using a basic pair of CDJ's, it takes a good 8-10 seconds for each CD to load, so getting it in, cued and synced up feels a bit more rewarding than what i can imagine it does on the laptop - having it load up instantly. A bit like what others who use vinyl have said, of course its not exactly the same but hope you get what i mean. ..

This thread is fucking gay

So much overthinking and overanalysing of something that at the end of the day is just fun no matter what you use

Well done everybody

deckdance loads your tunes the fastest, and the closest at picking up 4/4 loop regions, and you can run it as a standalone app, and not as a VSTi in FL Studio or elsewhere

If you already have serato/traktor why would youpay another 60€ for deckadance?

Back
Top Bottom