the militant - moody/down tempo piece

interesting choice with going on drum hits only for the start rather than having some break work with them.

some subtle changes in this up till the almost inaudible breakdown at 3:22 (was expecting a change up myself), would like to hear more variation personally.

i think it needs a few more instruments, bits and pieces, obviously don't overshadow that big moody bass but please accompany the drums if only slightly.

i like this but i think even for some down tempo it is sparse. nice production values so far though. im not a fan of having drums punching out to high but i know this is an art form to some and they sound crisp to me mate (y)

ALSO

i was thinking you could add some extra LP filtered pad stabs? cut at a bit of a higher freq and on the 4th 'off' bar drop them in, just for variants.

keep at this though its got good foundations

hmm dont think it really works with those drums, i know wat ur going for but i dunno im not too keen on it mate. its quite boring (not being rude)

however it does show good atmospherics and tells a story almost. However liven it up a bit. i know ur trying for downtempo

production is good and crisp - not sure its really downrempo as the bpm is still at 174 or there abouts - you've just done it at half pace ....for me down tempo is around the 90 mark and on the beat... but hey call it what you will it needs more elements but as mentioned above its a good foundation!

This doesn't sound like Downtempo.... too fast to be that.

Interesting intro... it's got me begging for the SD to come in, lol. 2:01 - SD 'needs' be dropped!!!!

Oh wow... I just fast forwarded... NO SD!!!:ban:, j/k, lol

Seriously though... neat track, but shite... it's a tease with no Snare action!

I'd add a SD and some more hats and other misc perc sounds to flesh the whole thing out.

:)

production is good and crisp - not sure its really downrempo as the bpm is still at 174 or there abouts - you've just done it at half pace ....for me down tempo is around the 90 mark and on the beat... but hey call it what you will it needs more elements but as mentioned above its a good foundation!

This doesn't sound like Downtempo.... too fast to be that.

Interesting intro... it's got me begging for the SD to come in, lol. 2:01 - SD 'needs' be dropped!!!!

Oh wow... I just fast forwarded... NO SD!!!:ban:, j/k, lol

Seriously though... neat track, but shite... it's a tease with no Snare action!

I'd add a SD and some more hats and other misc perc sounds to flesh the whole thing out.

:)

by downtempo, it's meant to be a downtempo dnb track, so low key, but would still slot into a mix. i'm working on some more percussion, but no snare. i like the vibe of tracks with no snare because the track doesn't push forward as much. i did try a snare, but to add the snare meant messing with the kick beat, which i'm properly fond of. i'll post the next effort in the next of couple days.

by downtempo, it's meant to be a downtempo dnb track, so low key, but would still slot into a mix. i'm working on some more percussion, but no snare. i like the vibe of tracks with no snare because the track doesn't push forward as much. i did try a snare, but to add the snare meant messing with the kick beat, which i'm properly fond of. i'll post the next effort in the next of couple days.

Cool beans, don't mean to step on your toes : )

I've never been able to step outside of my lil box and make something unusual before.

props to those who can though

sup safety, had a bit of time on my hands n decided to have an edit at the militant to explain the ideas i had about it better (i just read that you dont want a snare though, so try and ignore the snare work :) )

http://www.zshare.net/audio/64306505ebc228c9/

peace

nice work, but going away form what i was aiming for with this piece. i'm a bit stubborn really, i always try and stick to what i intended do form when i first sat down to start the track.

Back
Top Bottom