The Message

BeaTTender

Hi all, new tune up on the cloud of sound. Just joined up there, the sound quality is so much better than myspaz.

It's a reworked version of one I've posted before. New bass line and a few other bits of jiggery pokery for good measure.

Feedback of all kinds always welcome.

Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/beattender

Hello mate,

Some really good idea's there.. nice melodys and riffs.. very light and spacious.

maybe try and work on pre and post production.. with the right stuff you could make that sound really nice.

gather your using reason or f - loops

keep it going

I remember this tune from before, but not well enough to spot changes. Still, sounds pretty good as you now have it. Smooth, warm, summertime. . . . goodtimes music. Really liked it.

Cheers Damian, I'm using Ableton at the moment for my tracks.

Any thoughts for pre and post production? Do things sound unbalanced in the mix?

Hi mate,

The track levels sound pretty good to me, its a little hard to tell from the sample on S.C.

Im not too familiar with ableton but i know it has its limitations when it comes to producing a full track.. I find its better to use ableton as a slave rewire rather than a master.
Eg.. cabase is the master and ableton is the slave.

pre production tips... good compression and eq on the kick and snare channels, layer up your leads maybe use two channels with two different synths.. try and double up the snare hit aswell.

post production... export the track as a 16bit.wav @ 44100khz adjust the volume to about -3 to -2.5 db then stick a brickwall limiter on it to maximise the volume at peak 0db
I normally use soundforge for this part.

have a listen to my remix of in for the kill, thats exactly how i masterd it.

you should think about moving on to cubase or logic or even Reason, just gives you alot more options for production.

hope this is of some help to you

Damian.

Nice intro! Proper like that little reversed sample you have in the first part. Some seriously good ideas here man. I do think it sounds a little 'dry' though, if you know what I mean - have you used many effects? Delays, reverb? I think it would sound slightly better if the drums were a bit more filled out. But the guitar sample.....wow.

Thanks for the pre and post tips Damian, really appreciate that.

I've had a look at soundforge but i don't think it's available on a mac. I'll definitely try those tips out though, cheers.

Thanks a lot Crocodile. There is reverb and stuff on the drums, but maybe I'm just not getting the right balance yet. As you say, it needs to be more filled out.

Thank you for the wow comment on guitar! That's me playing.

:jazz_band

Good stuff man. Always like to see people using their own instruments. Just posted a new project of mine up - take a listen if you get a chance! Nice one.

Back
Top Bottom