The Matter and Andy C

Went to the Matter last night for the first RAM night and it was mental, good club, good atmosphere and best of all no trouble.

However, Andy C (my idol) his set was just too perfect but dont get me wrong he is a god behind the decks but all this talk about him getting all his vinyls pitched up is getting to me a little bit. I was studying his mixing last night and every tune he seemed to put on the turntables was running at the same speed and he only ever seemed to touch the pitch when he was bringing in a tune to get it into beat and then did not touch it until the next tune.

I know you are all thinking yeah that is cos he is good on the decks which I know he is but when every tune is running around +4 on the pitch it makes you think has he had all of his tunes pitched to the same tempo???

The opening of his set was unbelievable and I hope that this is all bollox because that was probably the best set I have ever heard from him and I have heard alot of his sets.

I know you are all thinking yeah that is cos he is good on the decks which I know he is but when every tune is running around +4 on the pitch it makes you think has he had all of his tunes pitched to the same tempo???

he could have them pre-pitched if he wanted but as you said he is good on the decks, no, he is the best on the decks. when you see him doing something that you think cant be done he's doing it and he's doing it with style.

We all know Andy C plans his sets and plans them to perfection. Obviously Matter was going to be a big night for him and no doubt he sat down a planned a massive set for the last couple of weeks.... hes probably done the set he played at matter a million and one times before he actually played it out live....

i may be wrong... but Andy is pretty well known for planing his sets... so it wouldnt be out of the ordinary...

Hmmmm, a tricky subject this one, even if he does have his dubs pre-pitched what about the double dropping and the tune selection??
When you consider how many dj's play with cdj's that have bpm counters on and they don't all double drop every tune like him...

There is only one Andy C.

Hmmmm, a tricky subject this one, even if he does have his dubs pre-pitched what about the double dropping and the tune selection??
When you consider how many dj's play with cdj's that have bpm counters on and they don't all double drop every tune like him...

There is only one Andy C.

yeh.... no one can do it like Andy can.... haha... apart from The Mutant DJs of course!!! hahahaha...

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, personally I don't think he does and this is probably one of them ghey rumours started by someone who is jealous of the man's skills. He's probably just mastered mixing at the highest possible level and knows every tune he owns inside out, even if they are cut at a certain bpm, it still takes a fuck load of skill to do what he does, teases, quick drops, they all have to be timed spot on. At the end of the day, no one ever complain's about his mixes do they, and that's what it's all about :)

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, personally I don't think he does and this is probably one of them ghey rumours started by someone who is jealous of the man's skills. He's probably just mastered mixing at the highest possible level and knows every tune he owns inside out, even if they are cut at a certain bpm, it still takes a fuck load of skill to do what he does, teases, quick drops, they all have to be timed spot on. At the end of the day, no one ever complain's about his mixes do they, and that's what it's all about :)

He's an old school vinyl player, i dont think he would ever get his vinyl cut to the same bpm, i think he's just fuckin taletented and the best in the game!!

Maybe Friction lol

Bollocks thread. Like someone said, he mixes in key. Therefore they all will be the same the speed (roughly). Thats why a lot of sections in his mix will have involved the same sort of placing on the pitch adjuster.

Try some in key mixes mate. Good example is this bunch: Together VIP, Tear You Down, Days Go By, Be True.

They're all in key with eachother. You'll find you barely have to move the pitch aduster when mixing between these tunes.

Bollocks thread. Like someone said, he mixes in key. Therefore they all will be the same the speed (roughly). Thats why a lot of sections in his mix will have involved the same sort of placing on the pitch adjuster.

Try some in key mixes mate. Good example is this bunch: Together VIP, Tear You Down, Days Go By, Be True.

They're all in key with eachother. You'll find you barely have to move the pitch aduster when mixing between these tunes.

They r all the same speed pretty much neyway mate lol

he probably arranges his mixes so he is mainly mixing one tempo.
or will gradually get to a higher tempo or whatever.

say he mixes a few tunes at 170bpm then he wants to drop one tune thats 179bpm.
instead of droppin it straight in he will play some more tunes that are slightly faster each time and gradually build up to it.

i doubt it but it would make mixing easier i reckon

Mate no need to get personal about this, from start to finish on a 2 hour 15 minute set when you only see the pitch adjuster move a few mil and after all the threads you read it sometimes makes you wonder. epesialy wen theres tunes like Splash-Babylon being played which is such a slow tune and is needed to b speeded up alot.

I havent once said he cant mix i jst wondered if any1 had any info on this matter??? because threads like these have been goin on for along time now.

Er? Don't think thats quite true mate? I might be wrong here but ive been lead to believe that just cos peeps have made tunes in the same key doesn't mean there bpm's are gunna be the same. 3 tunes could be made in the key of g but if ones at 176, another at 173 and another at 170 your still going to have to play with the pitch to get them in time. Those tracks you said are prob all made at the same bpm hence not having to move the pitch adjuster much.

Thats my two cents. :D

Back
Top Bottom