The mad things people do to produce these days...

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Was speaking to my good ol friend dark entity the other day and he said

"i woke up at 4am this morning just to get 2 hours in on this tune before work"

I mean i'm normally up into the early hours producing, but i've never got up before the sun rises just to crack on with a tune... was well impressed..

so i wondered if any of you lot have got any funny stories of producing in unusual circumstances, or maybe lied to the missus/mates about summin just to get a few more hours in, maybe strange locations etc etc...

go!

i once woke up to one of my turntables spinning. no windows open or anything.. blatently haunted by a dj. i dont prodice so thats my story! :teeth:

yeah soooo i took a few days off in the beginning of this year to work on my black metal aaaaannnnnndddddd that didnt go very well a t a l l . i found myself at a dealers house every damn morning, paranoid and out of my brain. then i caught pneumonia and my ex got sectioned. that was the beginning of this year, but im writing again and i will never do any of that nonsense again.

ive stayed up all night makin tunes no sleep then carried on during the next day all day
my ears were fucked and i didnt really make anything great

I haven't done any all nighters or early morning session s yet but I take my laptop into work and get on it during my lunch break

DJ Ghost in the house! thats mad mate, bet that spun you out lol...

still to this day dunno why it was spinning, a simple breeze is not strong enough to move a technic 1210 platter! it was a slow spin though

we used to have a dj ghost in our house back in the day
would skip perfectly clean cd's and do some crazy beat jugglin shit sounded amazing

I haven't done any all nighters or early morning session s yet but I take my laptop into work and get on it during my lunch break

partial to this aswell... makes ur lunch break go 10X faster though..

used to bring my laptop in and rinse the beats the whole day as i was an apprentice and didnt have much to do. later realised i should of asked for work not sat on reason days on end.

oh yeah i think the most entertaining part of doing music on drugs is scouering the streets for more, i raid the cupboard at the ortodontis. i spent a month awake on speed once to write techstep. lose focus completely. borrow money off pelople family that you dont even know. ended up doing a seven minute long bleep with different degrees of noise and distortion, called it 'the mully'

partial to this aswell... makes ur lunch break go 10X faster though..

used to bring my laptop in and rinse the beats the whole day as i was an apprentice and didnt have much to do. later realised i should of asked for work not sat on reason days on end.

lol - thats the key to being a good apprectice surely!

ive stayed up all night makin tunes no sleep then carried on during the next day all day
my ears were fucked and i didnt really make anything great

Ditto. Thought I made a phenomenal track until I caught up on sleep and gave the "mix" a proper listen a couple days...upon hearing the first 32 beats I turned it off and deleted the project file in disgust.

Sometimes I find myself staying in and producing on Friday or Saturday's and not getting on the piss with my mates

ive turned down a blow job for a wicked little ameen edit last week....the missus still isnt telling me where she's hid my laptop!!!

I quite often start beats on long distance trains. Get weird looks with a little midi keyboard on your lap...

ended up doing a seven minute long bleep with different degrees of noise and distortion, called it 'the mully'

:D

havent done anything too outragous, jsut the fairly standard battling with my eyelids cos ive got a really good vibe going on. the missus keeps me in check tbh, if i was single i think i could quite easily go for days without food/ sleep/ natural light to make tunes

Back
Top Bottom