the loudness war, with your neighbors, ]

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Dec 14, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

you know the one i mean, you play loud for late one night, wake up early the next morning by them playing something really loud, and heres the thing, you just know its in retaliation. do you match their stakes and put on shit loud and most importantly bassy music, or should you do what jesus wouldve done and turn the other cheek? cos i know they might have a good hifi system, and it can probably go loud as hell, but i have studio monitors with a bass response that you could hear in berlin if i wanted to. dnb = the worlds worst neighbors. dubstep a close second i think. deep sub, punchy kicks = no sleep for these fucking assholes, not for weeks should i so desire. but i dont want to escalate, i want to be on good terms with the neighbor. its just when i play loud is cos i love the music, not to prove a point and get back at someone, thats disgusting behavior.
    i know hans blasts his whole neighbor hood with shit loud bass, should anyone offend. but im not sure thats the way to go here, im undecided whether to go to defcon 1 and nuke these fuckers with pure sub, no music, just a sub on loop in cooledit, or be patient and wait it out. they obviously want a reaction and as i write this im realizg i dont think they should be granted one.

2. logikz

also, when making a song and youre going through the kicks directories or making one of your own, or doing subbasslines, ill bet you by the dollar that cant be fun for anyone living next door in any direction, left , right, up, down, its the bass that penetrates the walls floors roofs, treble stays mainly in the room.
    so ive probably offended MUCH more than i think i have. problem is, if they dont knock on the door and say something, how am i to know?
    is it common sense to know what wall i share with their bedroom and how much bass before its becoming a bother for them on their side?
    its like floors. your floor is usuall someones roof. so you hear a certain amount of feet thumping around, and so does the person that lives in the flat under yours.
    wheres the pain limit for that? if you havent had neighbors living on the floor above you, its drives you insane in the beginning, but you soon get used to it. its their floor ffs they have to walk on it. an fall on it. and drop things on it. and wrestle on it. not to mention vacuum it. these old houses (amsterdam is bascically only buildingds from 1940s) are pure wood and there is no sound isolation at all. sometimes id be afraid to have a normal volume conversation ffs. then mescaline can get you a tad self conscious i guess.

3. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

When i hear them banging against the wall i always assume theyre after a rewind.

Moskit and bn14 like this.
  4. logikz

fair point really. i hate the banging, it fucks me off something so bad, specially if im drunk and skied, and i am am, ALL THE TIME MY MAN

5. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

My first flat was silly, lots of parties with the decks on till 6 - 7am but I had this gay guy that lived upstairs, he always got his own back with real loud hard trance first thing in the morning, in my eyes he won but I had more fun. Now I'm more considerate and only mix at a regular time

6. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

TLDR TURN IT UP!
    I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MY HAIR CUT TODAY BUT I BOUGHT A BOTTLE OF VODKA INSTEAD. PARTY ON LARL

7. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

tldr

when i want my neighbours to be quiet i have sex with them.
    if the door is locked, i have sex with their letter box.
    they soon shut up once they know u mean business and realise they can't compete on the same level.

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Start putting cat food next to your neighbors window. Then find a cat in heat and let her eat. You can even build a nice box for extra measure. Now that the cat in heat has decided to move into the box next to your neighbors window they will forget all about your music. Then incessant "meow mreow mrooow" will drive them insane. All day and night will they hear the cat cry for love only to be broken up by cat sex that sounds like some one is killing a cat slowly. Soon the Police will come and relocate the cat and her new kittens to a scum village. And your neighbors will think, "Finally some peace and quite." All the while you have been playing loud Death Metal.

9. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Shut up IV4.

10. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Normally im the noisey neighbor but i have calmed down alot over the years tbh.

I have been having some problems with a guy across the road reving his motorbike up at 6 in the morning every fucking morning. Its not as if he just revs it and rides off, He sits on my front reving it up so a couple of weeks ago i went over and had him. He didnt listen nothing changed. He dont have a bike no more. He should of listened.

11. JHSE23

JHSE23 the yen

Youre gonna end up in one of those naughty man villages

12. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

My only neighbours complaining in my flat are under me, and there's no communication possible with those people. Fucking agressive, never looking for a solution, but still greeting me when I meet them in the street (like,what?). The kind of people who start moaning at 10 on friday night when you're chilling with your mates. My upper neighbours don't give two flying fucks. So they're a fact of city life, you can only get lucky with them. Basically during the day I'll let my subs blaze since that's why I bought them, and kill the bass at night, and if they don't like it they should get the hell out of town and live in the middle of nowhere if they can't handle the living conditions.
    /end rant

13. Reactor Grits

Reactor Grits lick a shot

seriously mate, noise issues in monnickendam? people there are all fucked up

14. logikz

yeah problem is, apparently, having neighbours WHERE EVER IT MAY BE, inner city, fking scum village (monnickendam is a scum village btw, i can say that without a shadow of a doubt), the countryside, small town, EVERYWHERE there is a damn neighbor, you will have a problem, if you like loud music with lots of bass.
    after a few days of thinking you finally found your place, a spot where you can play as loud as you like, whenever you like, as is every free mans right, they will be over, to have a stern word and see to it that you never do it again.

its no coincidence all these big commercial bands build their studios in remote houses in the mountains or forests, with not a soul around for miles, its no coincidence at all, because at some point you just get so fucking fed up with the neighbor paranoia, is it too loud? too late? too bassy? end up wearing headphones around the clock, i did for the last 25 hours and my ears fking hurt. i did manage to write a song though.

i thought id escaped the whinging neighbor by moving out into the sticks, but no siree, he was over on monday at around 23:45 banginng on my door cos i was playing bullyshit 100 times in a row, shit loud. point is, how was i to know he could hear that? you know what he fucking said to me?
    he said MENHEER! HET IS LAAT, MORGEN WERKEN! DE MUZIEK? KLAAR. NU KLAAR. OK?!
    and i didnt know if he had a poor grasp of the language, being a foreigner, or if he honestly was that manly that he thought he could actually tell me i was 'klaar' with playing my tunes that night?
    i puffed out my chest, looked him in the eyes for way too long for comfort, then smiled disarmingly, and said ok, and watched him saunter off. put it down to poor grasp of the language but fucking hell, klaar?!?!
    and yes, all the while, in monnickendam. dude i hate this place so much.

15. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

ive been blessed with neighbors who dont give a shite the passed three houses ive lived at and my music's shaking things in the room about once a week.

if i had my own house though, a knock on the wall would mean a little bit louder and a visit would mean a pleasant fuck off mate.

edit: cheers for the neg rep, clearly you are the faggot; you didnt leave your name

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  16. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

I had a 4 day party at this apartment i lived in once. By the time we left i had a letter from my landlord informing me that a neighbour had complained about the noise, it had been sent second class as well.

17. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

i've gotten couple of letters myself. now i only play loud in day time

[​IMG]

does that stuff work okay in an apartment? anyone has it?

18. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

last time I looked in my neighbours room the other side of the wall to mine it was stuffed with mattresses, they dont use it. Never had a complaint and Im on my decks almost every night til 10pm at the latest and sometimes I can be playing music off my PC until 2-3am. Living in the sticks can sometimes be awesome.

19. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Loving it at the moment, 3 outside walls around my room = no neighbours.

Only time ive ever had someone properly complain is when they were having a family bbq in the garden below my the window on a sunday afternoon. Had the windows open with smoke pouring from them, and was pon the decks.

They politely ask can we either turn it down or close the window.

I opted for closing the window.